Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C2-3 herniation

Part of my MRI of my neck had this...
At C2-3 level there is a tiny central herniation of the disc abutting the spinal cord. There is no nerve root compression.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I have been having debilitating pain from the lower part of my neck, down my left shoulder blade, down to my fingers. I also have arm weakness and numbing, with pins and needles tingling down the outside of my left arm to entire hand. The pain is much worse when I try to sit in a normal chair, as if it is squishing a nerve or something to cause more pain.

There were other issues on the MRI, but I was most concerned with the C2-3 issue, as I have heard it is not common for that area to have issues. Does anyone know about that, or can advise?

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,806
    If a primary doctor ordered the testing I would take results and see a spine doctor and rule out any issues. Persistant Numbness/Pins/Needles always should be ruled out by proper medical doctor.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.