Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve Damage Supplements working for me

caroline2caroline2 Posts: 92
edited 07/29/2015 - 3:13 AM in Alternative Treatments
I had an Anterior Hip Replacement in 2010 and it's been short of a living nightmare.

One thing I was left with was Femoral Nerve Damage at the area of incision. I've heard that about 15% who do the anterior can end up with this Nerve Damage.

So I'm going along in misery, whole thigh is numb and burning/tingling. This has been going on a long time. Talking to a naturopathic pharmacy I frequent, I asked "do you suggest anything for nerve damage?"...

She brought me 4 and I ended up buying two of them: Sphingolin and Inosine. These are working and burn/tingle is hardly felt and it's been about 2 months on these. So I wanted to share this in case anyone deals with nerve pain issues. Do research of course, it's out there.

Numbness is there and may be forever, nerves may not restore themselves...

Warning: Before you try any supplement, herb or over the counter item, please consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. The natural products can work wonders for some, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another .. Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator
Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,807
    Thanks I'll check it out
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.