Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New & Happy To Have Camaraderie

brad2388bbrad2388 Posts: 1
edited 07/29/2015 - 11:51 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello my name is Brad. I'm 31, 235 lbs with a rugby players build in Nashville. I injured my L5 and S1 and it actually solved itself after about 10 very long months. When I finally got an MRI it showed that I was in the clear but that there was definitely an injury because the neuro pointed out degenerative disc disease which vindicated me after being accused of trying to score narcotics at Vanderbilt. I thought I was in the clear but then began:

Terrible pain from my neck down to my about where my about where my S1 is. I believe it to be my erector spinae as well as my rhomboids. Thankfully it is all muscular now. I have had trigger point injections of novocaine (about 15 to 20 each time about 5 visits in total), chiropractic and I'm doing physical therapy exercises but have yet to see one because of $. I'm a server and have also stopped working doubles.

I also arrested, charged with a felony, obtained an awesome job at a Finance company and immediately lost it because of the charges, was completely vindicated with all charges thrown out, closed my little organic hobby farm to move in with my parents because of my mom's lamenectomy and dad's seizure. i.e. I was a soccer dad for a bit. I know that's some over-sharing big time but I have heard depression, anxiety and stress can affect pain and vice versa.

Thank you for your time and advice!

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
My neck, My back...

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    You mentioned..thank you for time and advice....but I may have missed it..but I don't see a question or concern for input.

Are you concerned about your depression?
    You are right that depression and anxiety often accompany chronic pain, but should not be accepted as normal.
    Do you include your depressed feeling to your doctor along with your other symptoms?

Do you see a pain management doctor?

This is a great site with very supportive members. With a little bit more specifics, I think you'll find many who can relate to what you are suffering.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History