Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain after 2 lumbar fusions

aprice1102aaprice1102 Posts: 3
edited 07/30/2015 - 4:03 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Back pain after 2 disc replacements

Where to begin, I have had 3 back surgeries and one cervical disc replacement. 1st lower back herniated disc at S1-L5 shaved within a couple of months herniation's was worse than before. Replacement surgery with hardware was scheduled 06, was much better after recovery. 07 had cervical replacement with hardware." Then in 2013 same old symptoms slowly returned MRI showed herniation above previous fusion (was told this was common) that and I assumed I could do whatever after the 07 surgery once released back to full duty, Boy was I wrong. I had complete replacement of everything in July 2014 in lower back extending the fusion S1- L4. Well I have been very careful in what I do, but symptoms are retuning: burning in left hip, back pain, numbness and tingling down left leg, and numbness in left big toe. Any advice as to why this keeps happening would be greatly appreciated.
angela price

• I understand your frustration, after my experience (MicroD in 2011, Cervical Fusion 2014, Lumbar Fusion 2015) I questioned my ortho why this keeps happening to me. His response kind of surprised me, "it just happens to some people". He said it wasn't genetic but more likely that some people are pre-disposed to having these types of issues. I'm extra careful today watching my posture, lifting anything, twisting, etc. Kind of stinks that I have to be extremely careful the rest of my life. I'm just thankful I'm no longer in pain. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.