Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,356
edited 07/29/2015 - 11:35 PM in Depression and Coping
Quit fighting
Let it go
All your doing is taking valuable energy away from yourself.

You are right here
Right now...
You cant get whatever value you placed on your past back..only what you can put into your life from here forward.
Acceptace is not giving up
Not giving in
It is mearly the next phase in your battle for ownership of your life.
So just stop
Your only boxing yourself.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Today has been a rough day. I needed this. Acceptance is not giving up...not giving in... mearly the next phase in your battle.
    Great perspective.
    Thank you for posting this:)
  • You hang in there
    Each and every hour can be a battle if you let it
    Each and every hour can be your finest hour
    You Decide..from here on out,which it will be,

This is the good fight
    This is where you make all the decisions count
    Each and every day, decide to be person you want to be, and make it happen.

Its not easy
    Its not hard
    It just is.
    Even the wind bends for the trees
    The river has to follow a course
    And the sea breaks over the shore

You will make,a,difference
    Each and every day
    Its a matter of deciding to boldly stand up to the pain
    To the sorrow and inner strife.
    Find your center..if not
    Create a new one.

Threebears,you have the strength and courage inside
    All the tools to do this are inside you
    Pick them up
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,806
    I don't know if I can agree with you on all that ranch. Are you meaning that towards those with no chance of recovery? I think you fight for quality of life until you die. You wouldn't have told some immigrant who came to the U.S. With only the clothes on back to accept their place , no you would have said fight to be happy , dig yourself out of poverty and become what you were meant to be. Why is acceptance so great in chronic pain but in so many other areas it's the last thing you want to do.
    If I missed the meaning of your post I'm sorry but for now respectfully disagree and say you got to fight for your right to qualllllity ( beastie boys reference from youth sorry)
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • In any phase.
    All it is
    Is not wishing,wanting waiting in vain for the past to re manifest itself
    In my case
    I am broken
    I am never going to be pain fee
    Ime only getting worse
    I may lose the ability to walk
    I have lost critical thinking skills
    And the ability to sleep
    And more..
    Everybody got thier something...

I fought hard
    The situatiion
    The pain
    The anger
    The frustration
    The depression
    The anxiety
    The hopelessness
    From having meds
    Addiction..not from abuse,long term as prescribed use
    Cold turkeyed after by crooked pain doc
    No meds,now
    I accepted that life is...what it is
    No more fighting my ego for percieved injustice
    I simply

Its no different for those who have reached the end of any healing
    You can fight
    Waste precious time
    And grow bitter
    Decide to simply

It is all about quality of life
    And the quantity of life in it
    You are right to see it your way
    There is no easy way to live like this
    So live as best ya can
    Its...its good to be able to discuss our special conditions openly!
    Never stop seeking the ultimate truth about the red martyrdom were living

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I believe, that in order to move forward, you have to accept where you are. Acceptance is not giving up. for example, you have to believe you are overweight before you look at dieting. If you don't think you are overweight, why would you diet?
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I totally get you!
    Ive accepted am I'm quite content...probably more accepting of my situation and of myself...ever!

My chronic pain is not expected to change, only worsen....as it has been over the years.
    That doesn't mean I don't go to the doctor or care about pain relief.
    I do what I can for my best quality of life that I can have....even if it is quality that seems precious little, at times.

Happiest people don't always have the best of things, (health, wealth, et..) , but make the best of the things they have!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• The Way
    In its simplest,form
    The Way of Spiney.
    Ime only using the metafore lightly

But the gist is the same
    Letting go of what hurts you
    Just let yourself flow..a Spiney Fu
    Your self identity,your ego will scream for justice..an irrational arrogance of the subconcience dealing with the pain.
    Youve seen those words before if youve seen my writings,you see the essence.

Acceptance is one part of dealing with the beast
    But not the only one

By letting go,we...I opened the door to self actualization,motivation again,but free of the onus of pains pull on the psyche.

Its not about giving up or giving in
    Its all about fighting in a diffferent style.
    Your guys Rock!
    Be Blessed!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• gfishggfish Pittsburgh PAPosts: 158
    The last time I was at the Doctors. I was told I would always have some sort of difficulty and pain getting around. Its been close to a year with my fusion. I went from a big active outdoors person, to a much slower one. A am learning acceptance. But its when others say what are you going to do? How to get them to accept the new me?
    Greg fisher
  • 2dgs4cmpany22dgs4cmpany Posts: 200
    edited 09/11/2015 - 6:57 AM
    Today I was in my head, and sad.
    I have to tell people my upcoming surgery date.

I'm thrilled about it
    I'm excited.
    I don't care that it is 5 weeks away, it could have been 6 months. I wouldn't have cared.

My loved ones care.
    They are sad, and I've only gotten thru 6 of them.
    I have two dozen to go
    It is hard to have strength for it.

I have this spiney problem in hand
    I accepted recently
    And writing that,
    I realize that is why.

I find any new difficulty
    on my plate, tips me over to emotions.

Emotions were never my strong point.
    With acceptance I have opened a door, waves of emotions.

So today, when I thought about telling people
    I was taking my dog outside
    It is beautiful out.

I got sad thinking I couldn't go to the beach, like I normally would. Then I looked around. I walked outside and sat in my extraordinary garden. I've planted it over 10 years. I usually read to children in it...back in the day of blankets under the tall trees and bending and laughing and giggling and rolling..I haven't been in my garden in a long time.

I turned around and got a pillow and sat in the garden on a chair. I was comfortable. I was comforted. I was transformed. I gathered the strength and the will. I realized quantity and quality. I am returned. I giggled. I didn't roll or bend. But I giggled. I turned on music and sang aloud. I lived.

I cried. I giggled. I sang. I lived.
    I'm ready to keep tipping the plate
    Thanks ranch hand for inspiring me to write about it. I feel lighter than air.
  • I'm gonna let my people react. I'm gonna react. And we will move forward.

And I'm gonna live. I think, itsautotronic, that the immigrant is us. Crossing the "border" is accepting the chronic pain. The story is now how the immigrant, how we manage from here. The only way for the immigrant or me to manage is thru revisiting acceptance of your situation. Living is getting the green card and contributing...or managing long term pain with quality of life.

That's how I take it.

By revisiting my acceptance of my situation I can find the courage to handle anything that comes my way. I think the more I do this, the more natural it will feel, and easier. Right now I'm an emotional wreck..but because I've accepted my fate and resigned myself to live with it, I'm not sad for me anymore. I'm giggling and crying with relief that I can do whatever I want in my new back and to find those things. I'm so sick and tired of thinking of what I used to have. I'm done with that. And I thank the heavens above for that transcendence. I feel light as a kite in a body that doesn't work. But I just know I can find my way now. I just know it.

So I can't run or barely walk. Done. I can smile. I can do so many more things. I have a great opportunity to live my remaining time the best I can, and I'm not gonna waste one more second thinking or mourning on the life I can't achieve.