Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sharp pain where electrodes implanted at T9

CherylCCCherylC Posts: 185
edited 07/30/2015 - 5:24 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation

I had my St Jude SCS implanted in July 2013. In Sept 2013 I had revision surgery due to a fault in the system - turned out to be a faulty lead. Since then it has worked ok. Some issues with coverage but, with additional scarring in it has improved quite a bit since the early days. My electrodes were implanted at T9 via laminectomy for stability purposes because leads moved too easily during the trial and my control unit is in my lower right hand side abdomen.

Tonight, after having the stim turned off for a couple hours, I turned it back on and the first sensation I felt was a stinging sensation at T9. It's definitely coming from inside because, since the surgery to implant the leads, I have had no feeling in that part of my back. This is something I have never had before. I have also been getting a range of error messages on the control unit over the last few weeks (eg: 26 FD, 36 FD).

Have an appointment next Wednesday to have the error messages checked out and to do some reprogramming so will talk to St Jude Rep then about this new stinging sensation.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this.