Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mylograms and the use of SCS.

Fun fact ...

Had a Mylogram a couple of weeks ago. No- one said anything about turning the SCS off during the test but I though - better to be safe than sorry - so I turned it off. About an hour after I asked the nurse who was looking after me whether I could turn it on to help with pain relief and she said I could.

Now this is where the fun started ... Stimulation was very high up around my rib cage instead of being in my legs where it usually is. It also felt weird - sort of like it was distorted by being under water (strange description I know but this is what it made me think of at the time). Realised it was probably due to the extra volume of liquid in my spinal canal so I turned it off. Kept trying every hour or so until it started to work normally again (about 5 hours later)

Though I would share this because I think it could be dangerous to have the SCS on when they are injecting the dye in. Could cause unexpected stimulation and potential movement when they have the needle in.

Was particularly disturbed that no- one told me to turn it off prior to the Mylogram.

Keep on keeping on :)