Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neurosurgeon today

I was booked into see neurosurgeon on 28/08..but rooms rang me and ask to come in today...my c5/6 is gone and needs a decompression and fusion..only thing its under work cover so needs a second opinion...so have been put off work on a unfit to work cert till all sorted.but neurosurgeon said it cant wait long.
so the journey starts

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 556
    edited 07/31/2015 - 2:07 AM
    Sorry to hear that you might be facing surgery. It's good to get a second opinion.
    I am also on work comp. it's been 2 1/2 years now for me. I'm beginning to think the journey is never ending!
  • BlessedMom74BBlessedMom74 Posts: 322
    edited 08/04/2015 - 6:59 AM
    It took me 19 months from onset of symptoms to my ACDF surgery. All I can say is don't wait too long. The longer your nerves are compressed, the longer it takes for your symptoms to go away after surgery. Get your second opinion ASAP and if they recommend surgery, book it ASAP. Had I done my surgery a year ago, I know I would be way ahead on the recovery timeline. But I wasn't that lucky. Don't wait too long and risk permanent nerve damage.
  • the pins and needles in legs are getting worse..thx Ill keep you updated