Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone else experience this? How were your symptoms handled?

Hello. I've been experiencing neck pain for approximately 5-6 weeks now. It started out quite suddenly in the back of my neck, right shoulder, arm and occasional pain in my pinky and ring fingers. The pain has progressed to my left shoulder and arm and shoulder blades. It has also started to affect my legs, I've even tripped and fallen a few days ago. The pain has been quite severe at times, so much so that I can barely turn my head. I've tried Tylenol, Vicodin and muscle relaxers with no relief. I do have an appointment with a neurosurgeon in a week and a half, but sometimes feel like I don't know how I'll be able to wait that long...Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their experiences.

• My pain is similar to yours. I had a herniated disc at C5/C6 with spinal cord compression. The pain gets to be unbearable especially when having the flare ups and not being able to turn my head and use one arm or the other. I am 11 months post surgery. I still have the same troubles as I did before surgery. Don't know why. We are still trying to figure out what is going on. I hope you find out what is going on with yours and yours can be fixed
    Tracie C
  • Thank you for your feedback. May I ask what surgery did you have?
  • Matthewj318MMatthewj318 Posts: 1
    edited 08/05/2015 - 9:52 AM
    I had the same symptoms as you, less any leg pain but my shoulder and top half of my left arm was very painful and he bottom half of my arm was very tingly and my thumb, pointer and middle fingers were very itchy. I am 2 weeks post-surgery right now, still in the neck brace for another four weeks. Had c5 / c6 disc removal and fusion (my own bone from hip). ALL of my symptoms were GONE once I woke up from the surgery, INSTA-FIX! Sounds similar to your problem, an electro-analysis nerve test from a neurologist and an MRI should paint a clear picture of the problem for you.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
  • BlessedMom74BBlessedMom74 Posts: 322
    edited 08/04/2015 - 6:53 AM
    I had similar symptoms to yours, except my legs weren't affected. I ended up having ACDF at C 4/5 level 14 weeks ago. Most of my symptoms have subsided, they only return when I over do my activities. I'm happy to hear you have an appointment with a neurosurgeon already. They'll tell you what the next step to take is.
  • Thanks so much for the responses, I have hope that the doctor will be able to help.
  • daveeddavee Posts: 1
    edited 08/05/2015 - 9:51 AM
    1998 myelopathy c4-c5-c6. Hip bone fusion was 100% successful. I was back at work within 4 weeks.
    The not so good news is that I also now have a plate across c3-c4, an insert in c6-c7 and a posterior laminectomy c3-c7. c7-ti is now causing problems.
    I ignored c6-c7 for too long and now have spinal cord cell damage causing foot and leg pain.
    I am very grateful to the NHS surgeon and his team for the work that they have done for me, and would suggest, not to wait too long before surgery.
    Good Luck.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
  • Thanks again for the feedback! I should have mentioned that these symptoms appeared after a c3-c7 laminoplasty and fusion 9 years ago. I did have an MRI, but I wonder what more can possibly be done? I guess it's up to the neurosurgeon to decide...