Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Help!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Stop Smoking
}:) Day 1 and completely blew it.
I have the patches provided by the state and last night was my last pack, right? WRONG!!! I got up and put the patch on right away. No--good, patch came off and I went to the store and restocked. My problem is that I really do not want to quit. But, I know I need to for my own health.
Any ideas for me here on this????????
In a way, Dawn

• Dawn,
    I'm not a smoker so I have no idea how difficult it must be for you. Have you tried chantix? It is supposed to work well.

Other than that suggestion, all I can say is it is up to you to make it happen. Look at your own signature quote for some inspiration. It may be hard, but you will get through it and it will be better when you have finally thrown out the cigarettes!

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Thank You Cindy!!!!
    You are right. And I have re-read my signature.
    I have a fear of Chantix due to medical problems that people with heart problems have had on it. People have actually died from taking it. I have high blood pressure and that is where my fear comes from. I do know that just slapping on a patch isn't going to do the trick. If I was smart when I quit while in the hospital for my first surgery, that would be 8 years less to have under my belt smoking heavily. I have to admit, that I have used it as a crutch for stress, pain and anything else that might have come along. Now I have myself in a situation that for my own good I need to quit and it isn't as easy as it was back then.
    I will do some research on the Chantix and make myself feel safe before trying it.
    Thank You Cindy, for putting my own signature right in front of my nose and forcing me to really read it a take in what it means.
  • Hi - I am also a smoker - though half a pack or less a day. I told my doctor it actually helps relax me through the pain - they really don't give me a hard time about it.

I was lucky - my fusions are solid at 9-1/2 months despite smoking. My first was 10 months.

I do use the gum so I do not smoke as much. That is how I cut down to the level I am at.

I won't try Chantix as studies show it can cause depression. Taking enough crap as it is and the nerve pain can make you depressed too. If you try it, make sure they monitor you carefully!

Good Luck!
  • Thank You for the support!!!! I will beat this habit, just do not know exactly how just yet. I do know this much, if I keep posting: It will make it so very much easier task to accomplish!!
    again Thank You all that have posted so far;
    nana 2007~Dawn

by for the last 8 year.