Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anything Helps??

girlinpainggirlinpain Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Fibromyalgia
I need ideas of helpful things. Should I quit diet pop? eat only real food? I do excercise 4-5 times per week what else has helped others? I need to get things done.

• Are you talking about helpful things for pain or health in general?
  • There are some good supplements out there for fibro pain; most of them are a combo of magnesium and malic acid, both of which are great for the muscles.

Heat was always a good option for me when I was at my worst, and if I was tired, I slept. My night time sleep was totally messed up, so I slept whenever I could.

I took Amitriptyline for several years and it helped with sleep, but not the pain. I started Gabapentin after that, and it gave me SOME relief for the pain, but mainly helped with the sleep. Lyrica just screwed up my concentration and gave me violent nightmares, so that was that.

Diet pop is probably a good start; there have been a lot of studies on the effect of the aspartame on unexplained pain. If it's easy enough to give up, it might be worth a try.

I don't know what else to tell you, except to look after yourself and DON'T overdo it....for anybody. If you're already in a major flare and having trouble getting it under control, you need to be able to rest and take care of yourself.

Good luck, and I hope you find some relief soon!!

• that's like drinking battery acid. Do a search and see all the horrible things it does to your body...and mind.

Fish oil (a must)
    Fibro Care (calcium, magnesium and malic acid) (must)
    Traumeel (great stuff)
    MSM with glucosamine
    Vit. D and A (D a must)
    B-50 ( a must)
    B-12 sublingual

These are supplements that have helped me A LOT and I've had this stuff for over 21 years.

Hope this helps a little.
  • Yea,I would not drink any diet anything.That stuff is bad.If you must treat yourself to a soda, drink the reg.I know it has a lot of sugar but at least it is real & limit to a treat of once a week.I had a hysterectomy,shoulder sugery,hernia ect.The Fibro & Fatigue Center has helped me here in LV.I had a pain management dr.that offered me morphine or oxcyconton.I said no thanks & never went back(said a few nasty things to the dr.)& left.I used to be one of the most active people of anyone I knew,my girls could'nt keep up with me when they were teenagers,they thought "what is wrong with you?you never sit down".Well let me say this.They now wonder what happened to me.They are 23&26 & they don't understand what the heck is going on with thier mom.They don't get all the pain & fatigue.Help with anything that worked for you out there in cyberspace.Thanks!Patsy :''(
  • Soda of any kind leaches calcium fron the bones, drink water. Take suppliments, and Vit B complex and B6 (helps with stress. Also, try (TRY) to avoid processes foods like white flour, sugar (causes inflammation!..natural sweetners like honey or stevia (?) is good. If you look at Atkins or South Beach ect... that's the basics but occaionally splurgling on a sugary treat is OK. AK
    PS antacids are calcium zapers too!

What can I drink? Do like ice tea? I use regular4 tea bags and 2 Stash brand Chia tea, hot water, koolaid pitcher, YUM! and the flavinoids are great for you!
  • I completely agree about quitting diet soda - it's really toxic!