Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need some strength!

nmacnnmac Posts: 112
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
I need to vent!
First my dog had to be put to sleep for DDD.
2nd. My hubby had a heart attack and had double by pass.
3rd. I had my preplanned neck surgery.
4th. My hubby got rear ended driving my car. Luckily he wasn't hurt since he is still healing but the car was hit by an unlicensed, uninsured driver.
5th. Great grandma died and we need to go to her funeral. It takes 10 hours to drive there and I don't know if I am up to a long trip since I am still in recovery.
All of this has happened since the first of May. I give! I can't take anymore of this bad luck streak! I can only hope things will be great soon! Thanks for letting me ramble.
Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.

• Vent,anytime you need too....
  • When it rains it pours. I am so sorry for your loss I swear it is so much better to give condolences rather then receive. What a tragic loss, yet to have a great grandmother is a real gift. I also am sorry about your husbands health issues and I am very glad he is ok from car accident.Also the loss of your dog, that is hard too.
    I try and take it a day at a time but that seems far to much so i just do daytime and nighttime and that seems to be helping me get through with our black cloud.
    I have heard so much sadness recently, something has to give. In the mean time, please take care of yourself as well, try and make sure you are eating and try and sleep. Also so much of life is learning to bend and duck. So you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Hi Nancy,
    I sure can relate to what you have been through. And it sure does pour when it rains.
    I know that this is easier to say than to do, but you have to take one of them at a time and do what-ever you need to do to deal with each one. For me that is the only way for me to get by the last few months.
    I am here for you anytime you need to talk to someone.
  • I am so sorry that you are having such a terrible time of it dear. Just remember that we are all here for you and that if I can ever do anything at all for you then please just let me know...I am a PM away. Take care and please keep us posted as to how you are doing....Miki
  • Sometimes things seem so overwhelming. I slept all night last night. The first time since my surgery! I will heed your advice and to process one thing at a time. Last night I was home alone so hearing about grandma made be really sad. Hubby will be back today from a trip to the beach so he will be available for me. ( I made him go to get a break.) Thanks again!
    Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
  • Wow, you've had a rough go of it. It makes you wonder, doesn't it? What next?!?!

I don't know why life bombard us with so much while we're clearly unable to deal with it. All you can do is your best. I can't imagine anyone having an issue with that.

We're here for you to vent anytime and I hope that the tide turns for you, especially in the health department.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you,

• I seem to feeling better. We are leaving tommorrow so we can take our time to travel to Idaho. I really loved Gma and she had a long rewarding life. She was 94. It will be nice to see some of the relatives that I haven't seem for a while. It seems everyone is to busy to get together otherwise. Its to bad that people live so far from one another these days. Thanks to everyone for your support. Some times you can share with people online better then in person.
  • Dang, you've had a tough time lately. I often have to wonder what we are supposed to learn from all the trials and stresses that get thrown at us. There's a saying that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Well, you must be one tough lady! So sorry you are having to deal with so many things right now.

By the way, what part of Idaho are you coming to? I live in Idaho, close to the Utah border. Maybe we can meet up.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • My name is Nancy too! I hope things get better for you quickly...I will put you in my prayers and it's okay to vent that's what we're here for!