Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PLEASE READ?????????

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Depression and Coping
I am still here, just had to take a mental break for a few days. From the time I joined SH a little over 4 years ago, I have been drawn to work here in the Depression and Coping Section. We all know that/that is the hardest place to go and really put your heart into it the way it is needed. You can not come here with-out truly caring about the actual human being that is in the midst of a real live trauma. It is not only hard but very rewarding at the same time. Even though it's all of that and much more I have had the honor of of helping so many people dig themselves back up to the top of a very dark hole. What can be more rewarding than that? Not many can handle really getting involved to the point that I have done here on this web site. My most rewarding with-out saying who it was: Was the young lady that signed on here and was about as low a person could be. The way I approached her was how I approached anyone else I come across that I felt was a true threat to themselves. I posted to her, PM'd her and even emailed her until she figured that I was not going to leave her alone. As I sit here tonight typing this I have to reflect and share with all of you what the turn out was on that person. Had I not been so persistent with her, she would not be alive today. You wonder why I can say that? The thing is the night that she sat at her computer typing that post here on SH, she also had a gun loaded and sitting right there with her. Every time I think of her, I also have to Thank God that I was so persistent to her that night.
So, anyone that signs on here and you even sound like you may be serious about what you put in words, I will treat you the same.
Yes, there are times that you may not see me for a couple of days or more. But this is a very mentally and heart felt area to touch peoples lives. Just know that I am always a PM away and if you really need it, Please PM me and I will give you my email address.
I just wanted to share this with everyone here so that all of you can learn a bit more about me.
Remember, I am only a PM away,

• Good to see your still here,you are a very caring person....
  • This site and the World is a better place because you are in it.

• Thank You Both,
    I do not profess to be perfect, I am only human and we all do wrong. I truly enjoy helping those that are so troubled and where else can I do that more than right here on SH. I have been there in that deep dark hole, and I know what they feel like. That is how I came to join this site.
    I know that I have not been around the past few months, but there was so much going on here, that I did not want to be a part of. Spine Health, has come a long way in the past few months, and I have been dealing with my own depression and just a lot in general over the last 5 and 1/2 months. I am at a point right now that I actually am feeling pretty well. So, I feel that I can return to helping those that really need it, just like I did at one time.
    It is my pure willingness to step up and be there for any of you that really need me.
    Again, Thank You.
    I look forward to meeting a lot of the newer people that I do not know yet.
  • Dawn, you will surely be blessed for helping others so much and giving so much of yourself.--Mazy
  • Thank you for being so compassionate! It takes a special person to be able to reach out to others, even when you yourself is in so much pain. You are an angel on earth! ">image
  • I am Ben's sister(agriman) I was wondering if he talked to you right before he died?
  • When we first met him he had been diagnosed with complete back failure or whatever it is when the doctors throw in the towel on you and tell you there is nothing else to do for you. He was in too much pain to do anything anymore. Well he posted a message about just giving up. Keep in mind his title. He could have so easily not been around today. But at least he posted his thoughts and so many members chimed in that he was completely turned around and ready to give surgery one more try by a doctor that promised him that he would fix him. They were friends from way back. So because of the loving,caring members on these boards he is doing ok after surgery. He recently however did have a minor stroke but his daughter is with him and haglanc says that his only lasting issues are facial drooping and his unstable balance. (C, Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)I feel blessed to have him in my life and wouldn't trade one minute of our conversations. That's why I stay here. I met Dr. Eric and he changed my life forever.