Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frustrated beyond belief- Major vent

I need to seriously vent-So to keep the history rather short... I have been dealing with neck pain for 4.5 yrs. It started as being on and off pain with flare ups and gradually got to the point in the last 2 yrs of being constant never ending flare up. Last year I finally got help from my chiropractor who requested an MRI that showed a herniated disc at C5/C6 with spinal cord compression and bulging discs at C4 and C7.He referred me to a neurosurgeon and soon after that I had acdf surgery on C5/C6 only. They didn't do anything with the bulging discs. During the time between the MRI and the surgery and had several issues with my neck cracking and popping and sharp pains. Anyways, the surgery went fine and it showed that things were healing fine. Approximately 6 weeks after surgery, I started getting these agonizing headaches that wouldn't go away. It was all day and night for a month or so. The neuro-surgeon prescribed gabapentin, Medrol pack of steroids and cyclobenzaprine to try to combat the headaches but none of it worked. He got me started on PT and referred me to a neurologist for the headaches. Meanwhile through all of this I am still dealing with shoulder and neck pain and the flare-ups. The neurologist ordered a CT scan in January and nothing shows up that points to anything. The neurologist treats the headaches as migraines though they are not migraines. She has ordered several medications such as nortriptyline, which I still take, several emergency relief drugs that I cant take unless I am home and not going anywhere because they knock me out, topiramate, zoniphrine, etc. Nothing works. She recently ordered an MRI. We had talked before hand about how my neck issues are big part of why I am getting the headaches and that we need to look into more of what is going on. My MIL was there at the appointment when we talked about this. The neurologist said that the MRI should include the neck. Well, I get the results back yesterday and there is not much to say, some small changes in white matter of the brain and there were no pictures taken of the neck. WTF!@#? Meanwhile the nurse couldn't explain a lot of what the changes in white matter meant so I looked it up online. But the doctor wants me to have blood tests done to rule out Lyme disease and other infections. I have been doing a lot of research in the past weeks and I see a lot of similarities between what I have going on in my body and MS and Fibro. I told the nurse that and they said that they highly doubt its possible. ITs not that I want to have this stuff. I just want to know whats going on with my body. I want to know why it doesn't work properly. I hate being a zombie at work. My legs go numb and my balance is off, my vision goes blurry when I am working at my computer or trying to read stuff on paper. It just isn't right.
Tracie C
advertisement