My mother (53 year) is having acute back pain which is running down to legs. She has pain while standing a particular place for more than 5 minutes. She feel little better while moving, but the pain is still there. I'd an MRI done of LS spine on doctor's request. Here are the results.
1. Loss of lumbar lordosis is seen.
2. Partially dessicated L4/5 intervertebral disc is seen with moderate posterocentral disc protrusion, leading to thesal sac compression and nerve root indentation at same discal levels with bilateral facetal arthrosis and bilateral lateral recess compromise leading to exiting nerve roots compression at L5 level.
3. Partially dessicated L2/3,L3/4 and L5/SI intervertebral discs with mild posterocentral disc bulge leading to thesal sac indetation at same discal levels with bilateral exiting nerve roots indentation.
4. Visulized vertebrae show early degenrative marrow changes. Large hemangioma noted at L1 vertebral body.
5. Neural foramina appear patent.
6. No pre/paravertebral or epidural collection/granulation tissue.
7.Posterior paraspinal soft tissue grossly normal.
8. Bilateral psoas muscles and SI joint are normal.
Both spinal canal AP diameter at mild vertebral bodies and at discal levels is as follows.
L1 - 14.0 mm L1/2 - 14.5 mm
L2 - 14.0 mm L2/3 - 10.5 mm
L3 - 14.0 mm L3/4 - 10.5 mm
L4 - 13.0 mm L4/5 - 8.0 mm
L5 - 13.0 mm L5/SI - 10.0 mm
Doctor has advised to take Tab Pregabalin 75 mg twice a day for 2 weeks. She has been taking the medicines for 2 days. She feel quite dizzy because of this, which doctor told is a side effect of this medicine. Sometime she feels better, but another moment it again starts to pain. Can you please let me know what does this MRI say? Is their anything to worry about. Quite Tensed.
There is nobody on the forum qualified or permitted to interpret or advise on an MRI finding this is something you need to discuss with a doctor