Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sharp Pain in left SI after injections

I am very frustrated with my PM drs office right now. I was supposed to have a Rhizotomy 2 weeks ago but the office was waiting for the equipment to be delivered. I told the dr I would try one more round of injections while we waited for the equipment because (it seemed like I would have to throw myself in front of a car to get any pain relievers, I was only asking for a weeks worth until my procedure was done, and I have not had any in 3 yrs because drs did not believe me).

The dr agreed to another round of injections and we went to the little or area and he started, I could immediately tell these ones felt different the pressure/pain I felt in my si joints was immeasurably different. I rode it out hoping it would calm down and after 3 days it was better and I felt good for maybe a day and then the pain roared its ugly head and I have a horrible stabbing pain in my left si joint and my right is the deep ache from my groin into my femur bone :( .

I called the drs office on friday explained what was going on and also asked if the equipment was there yet, I was told the dr was not in and they would have to call me back. Well now it is Wednesday and I still have not heard anything............I just called and received vm and I left a message and asked if it is normal procedure for a patient in pain to have to wait until wed of the following week and still not hear something,

Currently waiting for a call back if I do not hear anything in 1 hr I am calling again.

Am I being unreasonable? I have anxiety and I am afraid if I go to the er they will label me as a pain seeker and put it on my charts and never help me again if I go in.

Has anyone experienced a lot of pain after injections

• I had the diagnostic injection on 7/14/15 and had immediate relief from pain. I mean the second that anaesthetic hit my SIJ, the pain was gone and it lasted for about four hours. It wore off gradually but when the pain returned it was tenfold. I was bedridden for two weeks with pain in my buttock, hip and legs. The lawn brought on spasm to the point if not being able to stand up straight. The pawn was was relentless and nothing helped... Not even Vicodin. I was miserable. I had the therapeutic injection three days ago and I've been down since the injection. The pain is not nearly as bad as the diagnostic but its bad enough to warrant pain meds. I really hoping to feel better in the next few days.
  • mrossomx2mmrossomx2 Coal center Posts: 42
    edited 09/08/2015 - 2:02 PM
    I have had 2 sets of SI joint injections the 1st one I had relief immediately due to the numbing medicine then pain for 2 /3 days and then I had a good 3 day of relief, no pain at all, yippee.

The 2nd set I had a different pain no immediate relief and the pain was sever after the injections after 4 days I filly had 3 days of the same relief as the 1st set. But the pain is back again.

My Pain Management dr said that he does not believe I have si joint problems and will not do an rhizotomy now even he scheduled one and is now back peddling.

How many days of relief did you all have?

I called about pain relief the 1st time they gave me etodolac which is an nsaid and I cannot take that due to gastric bypass and I complained again because they upped my neurontin to 2800mgs a day because he thinks it is nerve pain and that did not work so I called and they now Gave me Mobic I specifically asked if it was an nsaid they said NO, I said ok and rhen felt funny about it so I called the pharmacist and she laughter at them.
    I now have to call back tmrw again and probably have to scream this is ridiculous I have been going to him for 2 1/2 months now with only 6 days of pain relief, I am so upset
  • So sorry for what you are going through. I have had a lot of injections over the years with no relief.
    I had two that I will remember for the rest of my life one was an injection in my faucet bones and the PC who did it got mad at me when I told him it felt different from any other injection I had received. He said there was no way it could cause horrible pain, like bubbles across my butt area and a flush up into my back. Then for the next three days I wanted to scream and I called the office and their remark was put ice on it and make an apt. with your GP. So for two weeks I had a heart rate of 145, sweating, severe pain, itching and my legs were weak. The next apt. with his assistant I told him and he said sometimes the doctor can hit a nerve or muscle. That shot changed my life but to tell him or the next Doctors I felt that way always came with disbelief which has been extremely frustrating.
    I also had an injection in my hip about one month ago it was off the charts as far as pain. My husband had to actually hold my hands to keep me from grabbing the Doctor's and for the next three days I had this stabbing, hot crippling pain in my upper leg by the groin.
    But you know what if I had it to do over again I would take the risk, in fact I even begged them to do the third one in my SI joint and I would pay for it out of pocket due to insurance. They refused too many in this year.
    I will pray for you finding relief and take care of yourselves.