Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

burning foot and calf pain, leg pain - HELP!

Hello all-

I had TLIF spinal fusion (L1/T12) about 6 weeks ago as well as hemi-laminectomy (left side) on L2/L3. The surgery came sudden due to leg weakness and groin numbness that I experienced out of no where and the ortho doc was concerned about the disc compressing my spinal cord. I had standard pedicle screws and rods put in for the fusion. Another doctor re viewed my MRI and noticed severe foraminal stenosis on L4/L5 which was not treated during my surgery. I am a healthy 48 yr male who lead an active life prior to this surgery. Now I wonder what life will be like post surgery.

After surgery I had extreme pain on my left leg, calf and foot as if some had hit my foot with a sledge hammer and set it on fire. The burning pain on the soles of my foot and less so on my right foot have been very bothersome and concerning. I also feel it in my outer left calf. From a dermatome map, this area is S1, S2 and L3, L4Since the surgery 6 weeks ago, the pain has diminished somewhat but is still there which makes it tiring for me to walk, hard to concentrate on other things and difficult to sleep. My PA and the doctor say it will get better in time and it is just the nerves settling down and that could take 6 months or longer! I have been a nervous wreck since the surgery and have experienced doubts, guilt, and depression! I can walk but cannot go far as I get tired. I know recovery is a slow and long process, and PA promised I would get my life back but it would take time.

Please, I seek anyone's with insights, advice, common experiences related to my story. This forum has been very helpful!!

Thank you to all, and all the best.