Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF C3-C6 w/ C5/C6 Corpectomy this Friday...

JLundbergJJLundberg Posts: 7
edited 08/05/2015 - 9:30 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everybody. This is my first post so I hope I'm not offending anyone. I believe I'm in the correct forum . Yes I'm joining the ACDF family hoping to get some pain relief in the near future. As my topic states this is an ACDF C3-C6 w/ C5/C6 Corpectomy. Was supposed to happen on Monday August 3rd 2015 but my chest x-ray came back as having a partially collapsed left lung. My surgeon sent me to a pulmonologist who had me do every breathing test under the sun and also took new x-rays... everything came back normal. I say someone knew that there was going to be a big party over that weekend and didn't want me being the first thing they cut into :)
So It looks like I'm all set for Friday. Ive had rotator cuff surgery and also have a spinal stimulator installed at L3/L4 but I'm worried about this one for some reason. I guess it's because if had neck problems for so long that I can't go on due to the pain levels that are incapacitating. It seems like my neck said, enough is enough and decided to just blowout . My surgeon looked at my CT, looked back at me and said. Uh.. what did your pain management Dr. say I would find. She was the one who set the appointment up for me, I said, she told me I would need surgery. He said. "That's putting it mildly. Do Here I Am. Starting to get nervous and wondering how different the surgery pain is going to be. I really want to get my arm back. I can't pick up anything with my left arm. It's basically useless. Ok. Enough of my rambling. Can't sleep so...
Thanks for any and all comments.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    It is very good that your pain management doctor seems to be really paying attention!

I wish you the very best with your upcoming procedures!
    Please keep us posted on how you are doing!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I had the same surgery back in December, and I didn't think it was *that* painful, but I was prepared for the worst, and I've learned I tolerate pain well. I did take drugs as directed the first week, and then slowly decreased. Definitely a recliner, I was in one til ... 6 weeks? But I like to sleep on my side, which was a little painful to do with the corpectomy.
    Many get instant relief with surgery with the arm issues you are having, and some don't. I had/have myelopathy, so not a lot of pain, but more of the neurological issues.
    Good luck!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• I am still in shock, disbelief etc. That I don't have any pain in my arm. That was always a constant. Just there, messing with every part of my life.

• Happy for you! Glad you got some instant relief!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• Savage,

Thanks for the comment and we'll wishes... it worked!
  • I have had 2 surgeries so far and both have only made my neck, head, and shoulder pain worse. It will help your arm but if you suffer from neck pain there will be no guarantee it will help
    Good luck, actual surgery isn't that bad
  • sparkledctssparkledct Posts: 120
    edited 08/20/2015 - 6:26 AM
    I had ACDF surgery in April of 2015. First couple of days were rough, as any surgery is, but it was better than I had expected. This surgery really has helped my pain and headaches a ton. I hope you have an easy recovery and can become close to pain free as possible once it is all said and done. best of luck!
  • vikski85vvikski85 Posts: 1
    edited 08/25/2015 - 6:01 AM
    The doctor just told me that I need to have an ACDF on C3-C5. Wondering how your surgery went and your recovery. As of right now I do not want to have surgery. Just starting to research this procedure.

V harris
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History