Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Remember your Name

Remember who you are
What you were.

You have a name
You have laughter
You have tears

You have Joy
You have sorrow

You..."were" before...
You "are" now...

Which in a year
Will be a "were"again

Remember that you have value
You have worth
You are needed
You are Loved and Cherished

You dont lose your identity to pain
You may lose the way
But only if you let it fall away.

You can laugh you know
Its ok
You can dream
You can still give

You... are still you.
Just different
And will be
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Congratchies on his first!
    Your his Dad
    His rock in any storm
    He will grow up to be different...he will know the pain and suffering
    And he will be the better man for it.
    The world will be brigjter because he will understand at the base level of his existence..about human suffering and he will find a way to fix it.
    Being hard on yourself wont help him
    Being totally honest about yourself with him
    Will ensure he sees the man first,the issues,later.

He will understand human frailty
    And he will understand strength.
    He will get that from both of yall....
    Please,dont be so quick to ascribe any frailtys you may feel today..with who he will become.
    You also have strengths,honor,courage and diginty to give him..
    The,rest..is up to him.
    Every minute,hour and day he will be trying to be you
    His wonderfull dad
    Not his,spiney dad
    Not his doubting dad
    Not his depressed dad
    His loving and protective dad.

Never EVER sell yourself short.
    You are so much more than the sum total of your physicality.
    There is more to your totality
    Your qualitys will be known by those who need you
    And forgive you your shortcomings..if any.
    He..wont see you as any less than a man
    Your his dad
    The light of his world

Take your love and use it to build your life
    There is always more than enough..ALWAYS!

your every bit a man as the next joe or harry
    And more.

Build your sons,life to be the asset to humanity you are
    Make,him,a,man of wisdom,knowledge and understanding
    Add to this compassion for the weaker ones
    Courage to do whats right,not popular
    And give him,a,kind heart,so the world may grow more wonderful.

Remember who you are
    Never give up
    Never give in
    Remember your name,
    Remember you are here,not back there.
    Bent of back we may be
    But we stand tall among men.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Today I wrote my wife an email about my son's name: Lucas.

The title of your post made me think of that email because you say we should remember our names and remember we have value.

Last night, at dinner, I was watching my baby boy laugh while my wife tossed him around. He is a life-changer. He is beautiful, and innocent, and loves living. He will be celebrating his first birthday (Mickey-themed) in about a month.

I feel sad knowing he's been born to a world so far from what he deserves. He doesn't know the constant pain. He doesn't know the misery and anxiety, the thoughts of suicide and escape. It's dramatic, I know, but I feel like I'm giving the world a lamb for slaughter, and it makes me sad to think he could one day be in his dad's shoes: Wondering in the midst of pain why he has been born when it's something he never asked for.

I thought of his name: "Lucas." The meaning of the name is "light" or "light giver," but I've thought the meaning was strange and kind of nonsensical. In my email, I told my wife I watched her playing with Lucas, and his giggles were like a ray of pure sunshine in the restaurant we were in. He IS the light in a world he doesn't deserve (that doesn't deserve him), and it's his forced sacrifice to bear all the wounds this life is going to throw at him. It's really that way with all of us.

A couple months ago my wife said, "No one deserves what you're going through." None of us deserve it. But here we are, giving back, being light. That boy gives me more joy and wisdom than he'll ever know. Maybe he's making his sacrifice for the sake of his daddy. That kind of sacrifice is more than I deserve.