Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD/DJD Neck/back

CChapCCChap Posts: 1
edited 08/07/2015 - 10:58 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, dx early DJD 30yrs ago and developed to DDD. Back surgery L5-S1 1990, October 2014 had posterior neck surgery for C3-7 severe spinal stenosis. Spinal cord found to be completely crushed in those 5 areas, Dr did not know how I was alive and functioning (God). Now have spinal cord damage and C5 nerve root palsy. Having my surgery literally saved my life. My condition wasn't a lot of pain, it was the effects it had on a lot of systems and bodily functions. First MRI and Dr did the surgery. Highly regarded in his field, he showed me the test results , I prayed about it and 4 days surgery scheduled. Had bone that was free floating and by God's grace did not severe my spinal cord. I have good and bad days but nothing like before the surgery. My point, each Dr may tell you a different approach, research it and the doc, Later found out just how sought after my doc was nationally and internationally. Oh yeah still need total knee replacement and eventually a fusion for 3 herniated disc lower back. Like I tell folk, I can walk and it could be worse. Blessings