Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fingernail Issues

caroline2caroline2 Posts: 92
I deal with chronic advanced OA and my right side of body seems to be my worst side of issues...this side was the hip replacement in 2010. I'll post on the hip story later.

I've had two fingernails on my right hand that just would not grow, they would spit, have vertical lines which I believe are an arthritis indication but they would not grow. I just realized those nails are growing and long!!!! Still some lines but they've grown,

The only thing I can think that I've changed is taking Tri Boron by TwinLabs which has 3 types of boron in the capsule and changed my K2 to Life Extension Super Advanced K2. I know we need the K2 for D3 to work in our bodies so I'm not sure what has changed my nail issues but guessing one or both of these.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.......C

Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item, exercise program, mechanical aid, brace, etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval.
Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator

TriBoron Warning
Boron is considered safe for most people, but large amounts can cause poisoning. The way it affects estrogen levels can be of concern for some women. Two small studies suggest that post-menopausal women on estrogen replacement therapy may have increased risks of breast or uterine cancer.
It’s important that you talk with your doctor before taking supplements. Most experts recommend increasing intake through dietary sources like fruits and vegetables before considering supplements.
Symptoms of boron overdose toxicity would include nausea, vomiting, weakness, and dermatitis. In some cases, skeletal abnormalities are also experienced. Normally, boron is easily absorbed and excreted through the urine. However, in people with kidney problems, boron might accumulate in heart, kidneys, brain and tissues, so be aware of how much you are taking in, particularly if you are using high-concentration supplements.
Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.