Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Difficulty walking and hip, groin, buttocks and back of upper thigh pain. Have advanced DDD at L4-L

candrews313ccandrews313 Posts: 1
edited 08/08/2015 - 8:27 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I have a pancaked disc at L4-L5 since 2006. Due to advanced DDD at that level. Since that time all the structures at that level have been growing. The ligament, the foraminal openings on both sides. To where impingment and narrowing have been noted on my MRI. I have had a lot of pain in my hips when getting up after sitting or lying down. I have had pain at night on the side I am lying on to where I wake up and go to the other side. Turning over is painful all around the joint. I have not been able to walk up an incline for quite sometime without holding on to something. My legs start staggering as soon as I try to walk up hill. I have pain in my low back and stiffness. When walking, continuous walking, without stopping my legs both start to stagger and will stop moving where I have to sit. I have seen chiropractors since 14 years old and am now 55. The manipulation on here described for SIJ was done on me for years, including a thoracic adjustment and neck all by manipulation. In 1998, I started seeing a chiro who used the activator. Do these symptoms seem familiar to anyone? I am developing more weakness in my legs. As well as increased pain into by buttocks, along my tailbone, and burning and aching in my thigh in the upper back of my legs right below my buttocks. I have grabbing in my groin at times and muscle spasms like a charlie horse if I am sitting squated like on a low stool or low bench. If I lean forward I get a wicked charlie horse on the side of my hip area and have to rub and pound on it to loosen it up. Is this SIJ and L4-L5 issues together? Would appreciate any feed back thanks.

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!

• Jen1975JJen1975 Posts: 1
    edited 08/15/2015 - 10:51 PM
    I have SIJ and L4-L5 issues as well. Your symptom's sound very familiar to me. I don't have the weakness in my legs but the pain in my right lower back, lower buttock and upper thigh are moderate to severe at all times. I fear that my condition will continue to progressively worsen. I am 40 years old and I have had this constant pain for over 11 years. If you ever receive a treatment that gives you a relief please post again here. I currently get steroid injections in L5 and SIJ every 3 months and I take medication daily. The pain never goes away but without the injections I don't think I would be able live any type of normal life. I have been getting them for 5 years and even though I know they are weakening my bones for later in life I will continue to get them. I actually enjoy the work I do as a nurse and I want to continue to this work. Without the injections my pain is not bearable. I am scheduled to get injections on Thursday and I CAN'T WAIT. My pain is out of control at the moment and I'm ready to have it calmed down for a few weeks.

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage