Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disneyland and California Adventure

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Disneyland and California Adventure,

We have spent the last two days raiding the park and looting all the bounty we could carry ashore, and what a blast is has been.

We have the entire family here and the little ones faces when they are meeting a Disney Character is priceless....

So far I have ridden the following:

Space Mountain 6 times
Indiana Jones 1
Pirates of Caribbean 1
Matterhorn 1
Nemo 1
Thunder Mountain 1
Disney Scream 6
Tower of Terror 2
California Soaring 2
All sorts of kid rides, three fireworks shows, Electric light parade, you name it we have done it...

We have a wedding to attend tonight the beach and Catalina Island Sunday and Monday, Oh yea

I even had my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty!!

Well until next time, be safe, be strong, and be yourself!!!

• John,

I love that you are here to support my floundering state. I couldn't help but notice that you seem a tad underdressed for the ball.

• Ain't you a bit leary about all the rockin' and rollin' on those Disneyland rides? Enjoy yourself--it looks like you are livin' it up! p.s.-I used to live in S.E. Houston. ---Mazy
  • Paul,

At the prices being charged in and around the park and the amount of people I see, there is a profit being made somewhere..

No not at all, I do not live in fear of damageing myself, I already have been fused 6 years ago (2002), the second (most recent) fusion is an insurance policy for the full laminectomy...

• WOW, Good to know that a rollercoaster ride may still be in my future! I thought those days were forever over for us Spinies, maybe not for the daring ones anyway, huh ;)
  • Way to go! Hope I get back to doing the parks and rides some day. My wife and I both enjoy them. For now it is all about healing and recovery. Thanks for the update.
  • John -

Keep it up, it is so much fun to see a spiney return to life!!!!

• Spent a quite day yesterday before the wedding we were to attend..

Headed to Knotts Berry Farm for their famous Chicken dinner, As close to home cooked chicken as you can get...yum yum...

Attended a wonderful wedding last night, had a great time, danced and mingled with old family and new friends.

Headed to the beach this morning and then off to see more family, looks like Catalina Island Monday..

Be good everybody, and I'll check in tomorrow.

• John,

If you like salt water taffy get some there. Maybe it's the atmosphere but it tastes good. Oh and sodas aren't $3.50 like Dland! I look forward to rollercoasters. I live 10 minutes from Magic Mountain. I noticed since you arrived in SoCal that we have humidity. Thank you, its good for my wrinkles! LOL

• John,
    Its good to hear your having such a good time. I am a roller coaster nut! That was one of the first questions I asked my OS when he said I needed a fusion....will I ever be able to ride rollercoasters again. When he said yes, I was thrilled.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
  • John,

It is good to hear that you are having a great time on your trip. I was worried I would never be able to ride Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain again, but you give me hope and I was told that I have no restrictions so...

Enjoy the rest of your trip! I've got a couple of little girls who would love to meet Sleeping Beauty!
  • Well we knew it had to happen but our trip is coming to an end, we are currently packing up and getting ready to check out. Never made it to Catalina but did Laguna Beach and Newport yesterday for lunch and shopping.

One group of family mambers has already flown out, and another group will fly out afternoon and us @ 3:45pm

Going to run by In and Out Burger on the way to the airport and hop on the big bird and head east.

All n all a great trip was had by all, but it is time to head back to our normal life.

I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning I'll post up how that goes...

• Me so jealous!

Glad you're having a good time John :)
  • John,
    Have a safe flight home. Keep us posted. Paul
  • Well we had a great flight home no issues at all.

9:10 am doc appt ... he asked how I was and how Meds were working I replied 75% of my pain is gone he said keep taking the pills and gave me a refill script then we discussed fishing for the next 10-15 mins...lol...

Gotta Love a Doc that have the same hobbies...

All is well is Wellville..

• Glad that your trip went well.

How far out are you from your fusion? Wondered what meds you were still on? Just curious. I am 4 months out and although most of my pain is gone I do still need something especially at the end of a long day.