Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So many good members

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 08/09/2015 - 4:35 PM in Spine-Health Announcements
I am sure from time to time, many of you get tired of seeing some of my threads/posts talking about doing this or not doing that, etc

In the scope of everything, I would say this is probably has the best set of members of any forum site. I belong to a number of technical, beverage, etc web sites. The moderators are extremely strict, but I can understand because reading what some members say, it is a big challenge.

I think we have the best group of members. I look over the past almost 10 years being involved as a moderator and more here, there have only been a handful of problems. And when I look back at some of those problems, I have to put some of the blame on myself. Together with my moderator team we watch for forum violations or other problem areas. When we see them, I want to make sure we act on those quickly. I dont want to see problems surfacing for long periods of time

But I look at some of those situations. Those members were frustrated and any attempt from my team to reign them in was viewed as a threat.
I dont regret the decisions we have made, because I always believe we act for the good of everyone, not just one or two individuals.

That being said, I know I have personally irritated and annoyed some members. I have banned members for various reasons and they have registered their complaints. I am far from perfect , I have made mistakes and will continue... But I just want everyone to know that everyone on the moderator team has one objective: Make this a safe environment for everyone

I can not say enough about one of my long time moderators, LIZ... She is basically my right arm. Together we have seen so much good and have dealt with problem areas.
You always hear the term, Good Cop, Bad Cop. Liz has always demonstrated compassion and that she is the Good cop. Yes, when there is a problem she will be quick to identify it and attempt to correct it. That is exactly what a good moderator should do. But she does it with an understanding of who the member is. That allows me to be the Bad cop.
So, far this combo has been working very effectively.

Recently I brought on Savage as another moderator. I've known here (via Spine-Health) and have always appreciated her style. But since she has become a moderator, I never imagined just how much compassion and understanding she has.

These are things you cant teach people, they have it. Both Liz and Sue have made my job as System Moderator so much easier. In my 35 years with IBM, 10 as a manager, I always tried to surround myself with the right people. Success of anyone on the upper side really comes from the people that do the day to day work. I am very lucky to have both of these talented ladies working with me.

And that translates to how our message, objective and goals reach each and everyone of you.

I am very fortunate:

• - I have a company, Veritas LLC that trusts me and has confidence in my behavior
    - I have one seasoned ant veteran moderator in Liz, and I have a very strong presence with Savage
    - And most of all, I have all of you.
I know, many of you are saying right now, Oh, there goes Ron with more words I've been around long enough to know what makes things work and how it can fail.

Thank you
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Here here. Well said
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • 2dgs4cmpany22dgs4cmpany Posts: 200
    edited 09/08/2015 - 2:57 PM
    I've been visiting this site as an onlooker for about 4 years. When I need the comfort of other spineys' this is my one stop shop. You keep the site organized, safe and so sound. Thank you for your service. Thank you most of all for engaging with topics and trying to be understanding in the face of a truly terrible disease, pain. Thank you!
  • Thanks Ron, Liz and Savage. Speaking for myself and I'm sure others we appreciate the time all of you spend on the forum.
  • Ron
    This Forum has truly been a life saver for me. I don't bring a lot to help others but hope to in the future and I have learned so so much. I haven't always agreed with what you say but I understand the why of it. I have noticed a change in you which has added so much to this forum. You post things that are close to the heart and get people thinking which generates others perspectives or ideas on how to handle this life plus what is really important. In the dark of things posts that get your mind off the beast are invaluable. It helps me to see things from others point of view so much, helping me handle this chronic pain.
    I appreciate you all for giving so much to others.
    Thanks Sherri
  • I feel safe on this site, there's no bullying or bad language or such, I enjoy logging on & seeing familiar names & I always respect what Ron and many others have to say. It's always with people's best interests at heart and you can't say that about many forums. Thank you xx
    Kirsti x