Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 days post op

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well, I guess I'm the first to remind us we all do have different bodies. Mine didn't exactly like the pain medication being mixed. But I'm better now. Just got out of the hospital this morning. Thank goodness.

Lynne, I read your summary, cool, that you made it home so fast. Gary, if you have a summary, I didn't see it and will have to look later as I'm only on here a few minutes right now. Really tired and worn out.

I'm glad I had the surgery, my tingling and numbness is gone and the doctor was really happy about that part.

I'll check in again later. Need to go lay down again for a little bit.

• Well, I got sent home first go round on Thursday due to a medication problem on the hospital part. Then had surgery on Friday when they got the meds. Surgery went great! I am way out of pain and the numbness and tingling is gone. Came home yesterday. Haven't slept much though. they put me on steroids and those always keep me awake. So far it is the best thing I have done surgically I have to say.

Sorry to hear about your med problem. Let's keep in touch.

• Good to hear they finally got your surgery done. I'll bet you're relieved.

I know how the sleeping part goes too. I'm on Percocet but the collar seems to be the biggest bother right now.

I'm sooo glad I had this surgery.
  • Glad to here that your home and feeling alright. Remind me again thelevels that you had fused???

It is good to read how happy you are that you had the surgery. It gives me hope.

I go for my second opinion on the 17th and then back to my NS on the 25th. I hope by then we will have decided wether to do 2 levels or 3. Either C 3-4 C 4-5 and C 5-6 or only C 4-5 and C5-6.
    Before you had your surgery did you have burning pain in the scapula area? I wake up every day with this pain that goes down my neck into the scapular area.

Did youo have burning in you neck and weakness in your arm/s befor surgery?

Well I hope you will continue to do so well and have a speedt recovery. Thanks again for passing along to me some hope about this surgery.
  • I had C5-6 & C6-7 fused and with the plate and screws.

I had a lot of numbness and tingling in my neck and arm before the surgery. It's pretty much gone now since. Weakness? Oh yes, a lot. That was one of the things that triggered the doctor to investigate my neck and spine.
  • and I want to wish you both some pain free days as you recover. I hope all goes well for you both the next few weeks. Just don't forget that you have had major surgery, and be sure to take it easy for a while.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I've had a little pain at and around the incision site. I think I over did it on eating something too hard because this morning it feels a lot better. It was a really tight feeling yesterday and hard to swallow.

• Jeff,
    That feeling goes away with time, after my first surgery it was about 3 weeks and the swallowing problem went away. Keep getting better and remember to take it easy!
  • Most definitely taking it easy.

Recovery is going well!!!
  • Hi Jeff,
    Glad you are doing well too. I didn't read your collar post but I can imagine that it is not comfortable to sleep in. There are many nights I wish I had a collar to sleep in as sometime when I move just right the pain lets me know it is still there! Overall though I am glad to be free of that. I am going to try a half day of work today and see how it goes. Overall I am doing well too so it looks like thus far, other than swallowing (I have the same problem) life is much better for both of us.

Be well!

This discussion has been closed.