Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

got my CT results

yonayyona Posts: 45
Started PT

Was also asked to swim. But this is too painful.

I am not happy with my spine...

We'll see an ortho this week.
Y.S IL
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear that you have too much pain to swim. Good luck with your ortho visit.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• Hi Yona.... i know what that is like :(

My PT asked me to swim, and i nearly sank! The surgeon told me that my back was far too weak to be swimming.

I actually found that walking up and down the pool was all i could do. Of course, i did try other exercises but the pain the next day was excruciating.

For me, walking in the pool was easier than walking normally...but don't over do it.

ALl the best.
  • Well Yona, the good thing about this forum is that no one minds listening to you whinge. Man, you should check out my first posts lol.

I am sorry the ortho was not of any use to you. Maybe you can get a second opinion,and at least someone who can give you a treatment and pain management plan.

• The ortho said everything is OK with me, and the pains will go. My bone density is much highr than I thought so there are no fructures. I am not a candidate for a surgery so he said something like - you are not interesting case. Go away.

I end with not knowing what I have (apart from a bulging disk and an herniated one (both in my lumbar spine), but what is it around my D8?
    And why is my bottom and leg so painful that I can hardly
    sit?
    Meaning? I become a couch potato spending my vacation feeling so bad.

PT (4 times so far) hasn't help
    I was recommended to see that "healer" (I don't believe I am doing that) who moves his hand over the patient the Tibetic way (no touching so at least no damage is done ;)

I just needed to vent.
    People around me don't want to hear my complains anymore.
    Actually I can't blame them.
    Y.S IL
  • Because there must be a spectrum of treatments between nothing and a surgery.
    I should also correct my spelling mistakes ;) before submitting.
    Thanks formefire.
    People here are very creative with names :) I am here with my real name which in Hebrew is the name of the prophet who was swollen by a whale. But it is also the bird that Noah sent out of the arc.
    I can hardly sit but I'm gonna see your first posts...

Hope you feel better as a result of whining or just time...
    Y.S IL
  • I like that name! What a meaning.

You may feel like its all the end, but just when you think you can't take it any more you get spat out on the beach :)

I hope you are feeling much better today
advertisement