Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best priced pharmacy

I have always gotten medication from CVS because it's closest to my home, but I feel like they're way overpriced, even with my insurance. CVS and Walmart are the only pharmacies in network with my insurance and I've been doing some research; according to a website (don't know how reliable it is), my particular prescriptions are cheaper at Walmart than CVS.

I'm thinking about switching but it would complicate things a bit. At my PM doctor, we have a contract that all of our narcotic medications must be filled at the same pharmacy. I'm worried about them not having my medication if I switch. Do any of you use Walmart pharmacy? And know first hand if it's significantly cheaper than CVS? Advice and feedback is appreciated, cheers!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    Different state pharmacies have different price schedules.

It is the insurance companies that dictate how much they will pay for a given prescription (generic vs non-generic) But then it is also the individual pharmacy that decides on how much to charge for a specific medication.

I can only use Connecticut and New York as examples. I will take two prescription medications to try to illustrate. I have actually used these pharmacies to fill the prescriptions. All the time, I was with the same Insurance company.

Oxycodone IR 5mg tablets - count 180

• CVS - $5.50
      Walgreens - $12.00
      Rite-Aid - $15.00
    Voltaren Gel 1%

• CVS - $25
      Walgreens - $37
      Rite-Aid - $30
    Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

I have also come across some doctor's practices, pain management centers, etc that dictate what pharmacy you must use. I personally have never run into this, but I have a friend that is in that situation

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com