Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 years gone and it's still happening!

BlacklereBBlacklere Posts: 2
edited 08/18/2015 - 10:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi guys,

I have suffered with back pain on and off for 5 years. The first episode I had was when I used to drive taxis, I originally thought it was a Hamstring problem. Upon visiting a physio he told me it was my back that was the problem. He then just sent me home with with solpadol and a regular stretch routine to get on with..

Over the years my condition has been very on and off. I can go one month being next to nothing on the pain scale 1-2.
And then go the whole next month feeling like i want my leg amputated 9-10.

The longest I have ever gone without any pain over the past 5 years was when I was training for a half marathon, which lasted for about 6 months.

To cut a long story short, I had a microdiscectomy L5 S1 only 9-10 weeks ago. After feeling so fed up with not knowing what way I was going to feel from day to day. After my operation everything was fairly good apart from 1 bout of severe sciatica for about 2 days.

I have now returned to work (as a carpenter) for just over a week. And unfortunately have experienced some terrible bouts of pain for the past 5 days! Is this just a part of the healing process? Or am I destined to feel like this forever? I know my job certainly doesn't help. But I've got to work!

I have always come to this forum to read up on other peoples methods of dealing with this dreaded "Disease". And felt maybe it was about time I introduced myself.

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage

"Things can only get better"