Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD - Degenerative Disc Disease

Is without a doubt the most miss understood of all spinal conditions. I think the two words

make it seem far worse than it is in most situations.

Degenerative Disc Disease DDD is effectively the aging of our spines. Just as our hair starts to turn gray, our spines get old and worn. Most people by the time they reach 30 will show some signs of DDD. Of course as with all spinal conditions, there are several elements that can make that happen sooner or more advanced.

• Genetics
    Prior Surgery
The good thing about DDD is that in most situations it can be managed by approved exercise programs and over the counter NSAIDS. Only the more severe cases of DDD will require surgery. So many people live with DDD and have learned how to manage it without allowing it to become a disruptive part of their daily life.

I think it is important for everyone to read the details about DDD

Degenerative Disc Disease

What is Degenerative Disc Disease?

Common symptoms of Degenerative Disc Disease

Controlling Degenerative Disc Disease

Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment Guidelines

Living with Degenerative Disc Disease

Deciding if Surgery is needed for your Degenerative Disc Disease

Degenerative Disc Disease Video

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,817
    I think it's misunderstood by doctors to. DDD is , at times, used for annular tears and herniations that are not hitting nerves. Is that right or wrong I do not know??
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.