Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed spine again

I have two sons age 30 and 19 that kept me trying thru pain and misery the last 23 yrs of my life. They are grown now and its my grandkids that keep me going and want to keep trying. I thank God every night for them because I don't really know if I would care otherwise to put up with the life I don't have and suffering I endure. Now a couple of weeks ago my lower back popped or better yet felt like it ripped again. I have Dr app in 6weeks for X-ray but i know the answer, more surgery. It's been only 2and a half years since a 9 level fusion that had worked fairly well and now this. This will be surgery number 10 and it seems like it will never end. I feel like I let my family down by being like this. It's not fair to them to have to deal with me and not have a normal father. Now my g kids have to do without me and it makes me feel very low and useless. I don't need pity or even feel sorry for myself but its not fair to everyone else to have had to put up with me. Sometimes I know it would be better for me to be thru and everyone move on with their lives. Lord knows I'm ready for the misery to be over. I wonder if another surgery would even be worth having. I know my family loves me don't get me wrong but its not fair to them. It's just a cycle that keeps repeating and I'm so so tired of fighting it.

• I know how you feel......I just had my 3rd surgery and I'm 35. Thirteen vertabrae fusion. Just had a Laminectomy and a discectomy 3 1/2 weeks ago. Couldn't take pain medication either cause I'm allergic to everything,. I have a 7yr old who doesn't understand why I can't do anything "fun" with her. In pain all the time that I feel so mean and grouchy to my husband that does everything to make me happy. Sigh....... Sometimes you just need someone who says "I know how you feel'.
    And know.
    12 vertabrae fusion 2004 w/ rods for scoliosis. July 30, 2015 Discectomy & Laminectomy w/ mesh built disc & spacer, fusion one level down, new rods & new screws. Allergic to opioids. No medication except Valium & Tylenol.