Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 27

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hello everyone,not sure if vic is still feeling poorly so though id go ahead and start the week 27 thread.Hope u have all had a good week.Well i stayed the same weight but im quite pleased as id been away in cyprus for a week and ate out everynight although i did try 2 make healthy choices,ready for this week and still off bread,apart from bagels haven t had any for 3 days.looking forward to seeing how the rest of u are doing

• Gonna eat smaller potions of healthier foods and start walking. Well I weighed in this morning at 265 pounds. I'd like to get to 165, so I have 100 pounds to go. Told you I had to lose mega weight :) *Crosses my fingers* I hope I have the willpower.

• well, i have to report i gained the 2 pounds i took off last week and lost, then i put on 2 more. that's right, a 4 pound gain!! in one week! can't explain it. i don't know what went wrong unless my scale has gone haywire. yes, let's blame it on the scale! NOT! benji, i am happy you had a great vacation and no weight gain. that took some effort on your part and you should be so proud of yourself! going to Cyprus and all and not gaining a pound! Christina, maybe if you start off looking at small goals. 100 pounds is pretty overwhelming but look at 10 or 20 and you can do that!! we are here whenever you need a boost or just a chat! good luck and you can do whatever you set your mind to do!!! Jenny :)
  • Well done Ben, maybe you should live 6 months of the year in Cyprus, their diet obviously suits you. I can't remember ever going on holiday and not putting on weight, good for you.

Don't fret Jenny, my scales do weird things all the time, I bet if you weigh yourself tomorrow it will have gone again!

Welcome on board Christina, Jenny has given you some really good advice about making the goals smaller. I wish I could think of things like that!

Well I have no idea how I pulled it off but I managed to stay the same this week. I don't deserve it as I have been tempted a couple of times but I guess the swimming and physio is balancing it out.

Hope you all have a good week and looking forward to seeing less of you all again next week.

• :) doof, this seems to be a week of hanging in there anyway. tempting the food fairies is no way to lose weight! they win every time! i see you have an open mind as you start the new week. that is a great way to move forward. have a good week and take good care! Jenny :)
  • As usual, I am afraid to get on the scale. I did do better eating this week, so I actually think I may be down a pound or two! I got my hair cut and colored this week for the first time in months---I have been afraid to hang my neck over the shampoo bowl! I know that doesn't have anything to do with dieting--sorry to babble on. Jenny, Vic, Benji, Doof and gang--keep up the good work! And, welcome Christina!--Mazy
  • As usual, I am afraid to get on the scale. I did do better eating this week, so I actually think I may be down a pound or two! I got my hair cut and colored this week for the first time in months---I have been afraid to hang my neck over the shampoo bowl! I know that doesn't have anything to do with dieting--sorry to babble on. Jenny, Vic, Benji, Doof and gang--keep up the good work! And, welcome Christina!--Mazy
  • that 1.5 lbs that I gained last week! I am back down to 237 lbs and lost a total of 19 lbs since February when I started at 256 lbs. See there Christina, I told you that you are not alone! Jenny, do not get discouraged you will take that 4 lbs back off. Maybe part of it is water weight? Congats to all that stayed the same and remember today starts a whole new week to give it our best effort!
  • Mazy,congratulattions on taking hold of yourself and getting your hair done! feeling beautiful is so important as we deal with new body shapes. my husband gives me a manicure and pedicure once a month and i do a great facial mask as well. i keep the gray out of my hair and moisturize to prevent dry skin. having fun with these girly chores takes the drudgery out. so continue on from head to toe and you will find pounds coming off. painintheback, i don't know your struggle, i am dealing with 30 pounds, but i so want you to know i support you all the way. i am so proud of you for taking this journey of weight loss. remember small steps! you are doing great! Jenny :)
  • I just joined this site and I am impressed! Great job on loosing the weight. I gained a few extra pounds (okay 20 or so) since our daughter's death in November. I've been working on taking them off. In the past I went up to a tight size 20 (at 5'2) and went back down to a size 3. I did it with exercise and diet. Now it's difficult not being able to exercise like I did in the past. I am in a size 8 looking to get back to a size 5.
  • well done those who lost weight and hang in those who did nt,jenny don t beat yourself up i have 2 say i blame the lyrica i cut down whilst on holidays and boy im i paying for it now my leg is giving me so much pain,i took 200 lyrica yesterday and it had little effect,it really does increase my appetite so im praying that il b ok this week,im going to the doctors this week to see if theres anything else they can give me,mazy get on those scales you wull feel great if u have lost and if u haven t we will give u the support u need be brave u can do it

has anyone heard from vic im abit worried about her
  • pmazz10, well done! keep on going! the toes aren't all you'll get to see by dropping some pounds. and think of how happy your back will be! we are here to support you 110%. Tenkids, cutting your calories will do the trick when exercise becomes too difficult. i do 700 some days and stay on 1200 usually.not so easy but neither is gaining weight. i am looking for a size 6 but will be happy at a 9! good luck this week! Jenny :)
  • Week 27
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'10"
    Start weight: 180
    GOAL weight: 145
    Plan type: 1400 or less calorie - daily food intake. Walking, bike riding, dancing and exercising as allowed. Staying as physically active as I can.
    Motivation tools: Posting at this site and just wanting to be healthier and in better physical shape.
    Date started the change: 12/31/07
    Weight in last week 07/06/08: 167
    Weight in today 07/13/08: 167
    This week's lost: 0
    This week’s gain: 0
    Total pounds lost: 13
    Pounds left to lose: 22
    Sorry folks I was out of town over the weekend and unable to sit down to my computer. NO Change for me this week.
    You folks are truly good inspiration. Thanks for all your hard work to make changes in your lives and for sharing information with us all.
  • im so glad 2 c ur back,i was woorried about u,good job on staying the same weight
  • :) vic, happy to see you have checked in even though you stayed the same. for many of us that is hard enough work when we are up to par!! hope you are feeling better! Jenny :)
  • Not a good week for me. I have gained 2 pounds...I need help. I have hit the "pitty party" for me stage. I get so down sometimes. Get tired of hurting all the time!!!!

All I do is eat and sleep. Gotta get out of this rutt!! Hope everyone else can pull off some pounds. Good luck ya"ll!
  • Cambren, admitting what the problem is is a big step. you know you will fill better if you start adding some walking in there. just a little at a time would be a good first step. i know having pain is so bad but we have to keep moving alittle or our bodies will freeze right up. lol! is is a new week so just put the 2 poounds behind you and start fresh. sunday is a ways away and there is still plenty of time to shed a pound or even stay the same. we are behind you all the way. Jenny :)
  • Jenny is right. I have pity partys all of the time. Eating lots of decadent treats goes right along with my depression also. We just have to try and get right back on the horse even if it is small steps.
    Vic, I am glad to see you back and I hope that you are feeling better. Good job staying the same!
  • i have upped my walking this week,i had slackened off after my hols,so i ve been out walking the last couple of days and plan to do the same this week,since i ve upped the lyrica figured id have to try extra hard to stop anymore weight going on,i feel alittle guilty,my 12 year old daughter was out playing on sunday night she came in said she d hurt her finger,she was nt crying and it looked ok,but though id take her 2 the minor injury unit yesterday to be sure and guess what, its broken,how bad do i feel,so were off to the hospital tomorrow praying that its not going 2 need pinned
  • Keep up the good work! I have been walking everyday, but I'm taking the day off today! Hope your daughter's finger heals quickly!--Mazy
  • i have read that keeping a food diet will increase the success off weight loss,so i thought of no better place than here to post it,that way u can tell me if you can help
    16th july
    cereal semi skimmed milk
    mid morning

bagel raspberries

grilled white fish and fish

ill have some crackers or somelight in the evening
  • :) benji55, this is what i have been doing for the past few weeks. the first week i took off 2 pounds. this week i feel will be another good one. writing everything down really gives me pause as to whether i want to eat that or not. may all the pounds drop off you like water!! lol! Jenny :)
  • painintheback, hi and how are you? you don't say how your weight loss plan is going. do you need to get back to baby steps or are you cutting back on your calories all by yourself. don't you use the South Beach diet? thanks for checking in! Jenny :)
  • :) Christina, Tenkids,pmazz10, how is the week going for all of you? anyone else i might of missed as well. hello! midweek, so stay true to your course and see your results come through on sunday. posting a loss, gain or stay the same is a good post whatever it is. we have spent too much time being ashamed of our weight, now is the time to be proud. this is a learning exercise here in the forum and noone is thought of any less because of their weight activity. so let's post up gang! let's be proud of who we are!!!!!!! Jenny :)
  • Dont know what Sunday will show. I've stopped drinking soda and cut out all the junk food and cut down on my portions but the exercising is going slow primarily due to my back. Oh well, we'll see. It took time to get this way and it'll take time to take the weight off I suppose.
    Hope everyone is doing great. :)

• :)Christina, good to see you checked in! no weigh in is required till Sunday. doesn't matter what it is only that you report your week. you certainly are doing alot of stuff to get some changes!!! we are an easy going group and want to hear from everyone. a few more days to go! how is vic feeling? i am writing all my food down and look forward to seeing the results, whatever they be!! i am a proud poster and i haven't given up yet!!!!! Jenny :)
  • Christina, if you have cut back on soda, junk food, and portions, you've got THE RIGHT STUFF! Sounds like you are doing good, girl!--Mazy
  • your doing great and hopefully will see the results soon,jenny you re also just great this forum would nt be the same without you

hope you re feeling better
  • I haven't been in the diet group for long, but I'm finding the "looming Sunday morning weigh-in" is bothering me more than motivating me. I notice when I focus on what I am eating, counting calories, I tend to eat more. So, I'm out. Good luck to you all!--Mazy
  • :) is anyone else feeling like Mazy? it gives me inspiration throughout the week to know i have weigh in on Sunday. how else would we manage our progress? how it is done is each persons choice as well as your exercise plan when possible. does anyone have something to say about this? let's talk! Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.