Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Define Points

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
Here is the current Point system:

2 Points for a Forum Post
2 Points for Posting a Comment

Initially there was 1 point assigned to sending Private Messages, that is no longer true. That explains why members may NOT have true and accurate points.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• do the points mean?
  • What is the purpose of points? Does any one know?
  • Maybe your wrong maybe your right either way right now I'm getting more points. If you respond then you get more points.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    I have posted this explanation in another topic.

On almost all of the forum software packages, there are means to identify the number of posts a person makes

1- On the Old Spine-Health is was called Ranking You started out as a member, then graduated to senior member, then there was Authority and Expert levels. The meaning was straight forward, it identified how many posts a member made.

2- Some systems using PunBB or PhpBB have things called Kudos
    That is used differently. That is a means for members to rate other members posts. I do not believe in this type of identification. The Kudos could be racked up by an individual if they get other members to praise them

3- The there are Points This is what is used here.
    You receive points by the number of replies you make and the number of posts you create.

Having Points has NO bearing on the Quality of a members posts, it ONLY identifies the Quantity of posts.

So, I hope that once and for all, this comment/reply will put an end to all the discussions regarding points.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The discussion about Points and other topics relating to how to use this online Forum is in the
    Forum Help, Troubleshooting,Suggestions category

Here is one topic that you should read:

Ron DiLauro ....... New Milford, CT

Sorry Ron in Ref to the poll/points I just had to add 2 more in the other post. I try to be more mindful when people say something about it.