I'm a 65 year old woman. I have endured a great deal of extreme chronic pain since I was 32 years old, but more just keeps coming! It was thought to be from a car accident when I was 20 years old. Neurosurgeons don't seem to want to touch me
• herniated, bulging and degenerated discs in the Cervical & Lumbar areas
• Myelomalacia in the Cervical
• 3 benign hemangioma tumours at T2, T7 and T12, along with degeneration (seeing neurosurgeon in November)
• Pain radiates through shoulders, ribs, arms, groin, hips, legs - name it, I've had it at some point
• numbness in both legs & feet
I'm extremely limited in activity and socializing, so I also need some social chit-chat to pass the time occasionally. I had to retire when I was only 56. My small family and few friends try to be supportive, but they really don't understand, and truthfully I hope they never personally find out the pain I have to endure daily. I've finally given in to using a cane on outings recently, and it's amazing how much more understanding people are once that it is a more "visible" disability, including my own grown son.