Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Airline Traveling with back pain

Hello to all,

I just wanted to pass this info on to others in hope that it may be helpful..Several years ago I flew from US to UK to visit friends then flew back home to US after two weeks . Shortly thereafter I was seriously ill with meningitis and nearly died but apparently it wasn't my time ;) because I was fortunate to have recovered from it. Anyway, several months afterwards I happened to be watching one of those health info programs and it caught my attention. What I heard was a bit of advice I wish I had known sooner-----If you are planning air travel and want to use a blanket and/or pillow, you should take your own blanket and/or pillow instead of using the ones offered by a flight attendant during your flight. Whether this is true or not, I really don't know, but after my personal experience I would have done that if only I had known. I'd rather be safe than sorry, know what I mean? :-) Take care.

• Yes, I always take my own.

I also want to mention anyone who is traveling and has considered asking for a wheelchair I just want to say that it is an excellent program these airports have of getting you from the curb to the airplane seat. I was traveling with a neck brace, a sling and a boot due to a fall. And they really took care of me. They could not have been more kind thoughtful. They even asked if ID need to stop at the ladies room or needed to stop for any food for on the plane.
    C4-C5 ACDF surgery with plating August 28.
    cord compression due to disc-osteophyte complex
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    edited 09/09/2015 - 1:32 PM
    Be it by Planes, Trains and Automobiles has its impact on spinal patients.

This topic has been discussed several times. Just search on Travel and you will find dozens of threads/comments that people have talked about.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com