Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having a REALLY bad day

It started around 1 am last night, I woke up in excruciating pain, and woke up about 6x after. At 6:00 am, my pain was a 10, I couldn't move or speak, I was in so much agony. I took my meds and had hubby put the heating pad on for me, it took my pain down to about a 7, at least I could move to use the bathroom (and post on spine-health). I also have terrible pain in my legs which I haven't experienced before.

Normally my pain is 7-8.5 on average, and my meds takes it down to about a 4. But not this time, even after my meds and heating pad/massage, my pain is a 7. Has anyone had a similar experience? This is frightening.

Side note- since my insurance doesn't cover Zohydro, the doctor is going to start me on MS Contin on Monday (to reduce my acetaminophen intake). As of now, he has me on hydrocodone 10/325 & soma. I'm a bit nervous to start the MS after reading about it. Any pointers on this medication?

• PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    I've been on the med for almost a year and have not needed an increase. The only complication is constipation and senna takes care of that. A rare side effect is renal failure but that is rare and doctors monitor for this. And then of course that is the addiction issue. I don't know if I'm addicted or not, I just take the med 2 times a day with no variation.

I've had no issues with it at all. I'm not sure what you've heard. Morphine is one of the cleanest medications- medication with the fewest side effects and no long term effects.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)