Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What to do now

Hey guys haven't been on in awhile and figured I'd jump in a ask a quick question here. I had the coflex surgery done on L4-S1 back on may 26th of this yr. I was dischanged from the surgery center the next morning with signs of a staph infection. Long story short I fought with my dr for 8 weeks before they had to go in and clean it out as the wound would not heal no matter what. So I'm not 12 weeks as of Tuesday. I have noticed I'm feeling really crappie again and tonight something didn't feel right. My wife looked at my back and the area is really swollen red and is hot to the touch.just wondering if anyone has had experience with this happenin. I have been pushing myself hard lately due to work and just trying to get out and enjoy life but this has me worried that something may be wrong. I did have a pretty bad fall about 3 weeks ago but xray showed everything was ok but I have been going from shooting pains to numbness in my legs and depending on what I'm doing its almost one of the 2 things. Really hoping it's not a the infection again or possibly something caused by my fall but any help would be greatly appreciated