Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Intro and Question (Chiro vs. PT)

imran62781iimran62781 Posts: 2
edited 08/25/2015 - 7:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey guys, I'm Ron. 34 years old, 5 feet 7 inches and 143 lbs.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with "Retrolisthesis (Grade 1) at L5-S1, along with mild canal stenosis with bilateral foraminal narrowing, and L5-S1, with contact of the descending right S1 nerve root."

Background: A groin lymp node swelling started this whole process for me about 3 months ago. After countless blood tests, the MRI last week finally showed the problem. I ended up getting my nodes biopsed twice and that came back clear. I have also been tested for autoimmune diseases such as Lupus and RA, both of which were clear. My neurosurgeon ended up finding the root cause of my issue, which I listed above.

Meds: I'm not on any meds currently, but am starting to take supplements such as Vitamins.

Current symptoms: I feel sporadic hip pain, along with groin tightness. I feel a burning sensation on my right arm at times and random muscle twitching (arm and legs). The strangest part is this burning sensation in my mouth that comes and goes (if you have heard of this before please let me know so I can rule out something else going on).

QUESTION: do I go see a Chiropractor or a Physical Therapist? My doctor has written a prescription for a PT, but I have done basic research on Retrolisthesis and seems as though many prefer a Chiro and think that is the more appropriate route?

I'm pretty anxious to get this started so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Last night was rough and I'm hoping I don't develop anxiety issues because of this.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to contributing to this forum as I research everything more deeply.

The choice is always yours. But as you read more posts here, you will see that the majority of the people do not opt to see a Chiropractor. They have their places and do excellent jobs, but once a spinal problem disc/nerve has been diagnosed, the chiropractor is not your best option. Plus, if your doctor wrote a prescription for physical therapy, then that is what he/she believes is your proper action. If you dont agree with that, discuss it with them.

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 08/25/15 13:48