Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yet another surgery

I've had debilitating Sciatica for the past month. I just got some terrible news from the Neurologist following my nerve conduction test. It is definitely coming from S1 nerve root. It looks like my 12 year old artificial disc at L5 S1 has shifted and is pushing on my right SI joint. I had the three discs above it fused two years ago and I guess it's the stress from that which is pushing on my SI joint which is pushing on my sciatica and giving me hell. The Neurologist is going to contact my back surgeon and try to get an emergency appointment for me because he's usually backed up for months. I'm sure not looking forward to another surgery but I've been housebound and in agony for weeks. I had my triple fusion two years ago and my shoulder replacement earlier this year. I'm not even sure how this surgery will work. Whether they have to remove the artificial disc or fuse around it. Good thing I have good insurance.
Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil

• positive...ive been debilitated by pain for more then 12 months staring at the same walls....your very fortunate to have good insurance can you do aqua therapy before going into surgery? I realized its shifted and I have no medical knowledge if it will do more bad then good but I thought I would suggest it I have tried it I know maybe they can get you relief with nerve glides or some way for you to position yourself to lessen the pain...to postpone another surgery because it sounds like some type of surgery is eminent. Keep me posted.
    This can't be happening