Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot/Hand Blisters

The circus of new symptoms never ends!

I'm creating this topic just to check if Blisters are a symptom anyone else experienced in conjunction with spine issues. I'll be seeing a Pain Management doctor on Monday, and I plan to bring the issue up with him. I have both lumbar and cervical bulging discs with nerve pain in my hands and feet. The nerve pain often feels cold, and my hands turn physically cold to the touch.

I've never experienced an outbreak of blisters before, but I suddenly have a BUNCH of little blisters appearing on both palms and the bottoms of both feet. I haven't touched anything out of the ordinary, so I'm wracking my brain trying to imagine why the blisters are appearing.

There could probably be a lot of causes, but I just wanted to know about any personal experiences. I imagine I'll be getting eventually tested for a lot of things, as my neurosurgeon does not want to operate and said that nerve pain can also stem from MS, B12 deficiency, and Diabetes.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    dealing with spinal issues, etc, I have never come across a situation like that creating blisters.

If it was just your hands, my first reaction would be that it was something you came in contact with. But there are also on the bottom of your feet?
    Does you wife have any of these blisters?

Only reason I am asking, is that could there have been some contact exposure from the sheets in your bed? Always try to rule out what it shouldnt be. Hives and rash, I could better understand, only because they can be a by product of stress associated with spinal problems, some of the unknowns and just thinking about whats coming down the road.

The other piece of information you gave us... Your hands turn cold. For me, during my more troubled times, when my pain level was climbing and I hadnt had pain medications in a while, my hands started to turn ice cold. Soon as I had medication and the pain levels came back to somewhat normal, my hands returned to their normal selves.

And you are so correct, most surgeon's do not want to perform surgery on anyone that just developed something new, or has something that can not be explained.

Just another step in the spinal problem journey. Just never let any of this get you down.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com