Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Old but new again

Hi gang, I'm 42 year wife and homemaker to two teenage boys and one fantastic caring husband.

Journey began at 17 year old first birthday party when my back went out for first time.
Was told it was in my head as I was young and not able to describe / couldn't validate the pain.
Finally 2004 Mir showed DDD, Stenosis, spondy, and bulge at l4-5, slight bulge 2-3. Had fusion and boy was I a success. I was also a dummy. I not only healed, I started roller blading and running marathons. I was amazing. The dr who did fusion at 4-5! Said I would need another at level above in 10 years. What can I say, I was young and didn't listen. Fast forward, 11 years later and he was right. Had the second fusion at 3-4 February of 2014.

Again, great outcome. I'm always sorry I never post after my fusions because I want people to hear wonderful success.

I knew to be a better patient this time. I stopped the blading and running and stuck to long glorious walks and boating.

In April of 2015 we went boating in the keys for a week, it was heaven. But, came home and my old pain, the legs started to drop again, the back pain said HELLLLLLO, missed us!?!

So started back with dr,pt, and new Mri. L5-s1 is not happy and he found friends with fascet arthritis, spondy, stenosis and my new fav: bone spurs. Fusion is recommended but epidurals on fascet and spinal blocks first.

I'm at end of injection cycle and currently dealing with headache from u know where. As someone who has never had a headache or neck pain...wow! Let's just say this kind of pain makes my ol pain level scale rewrite itlsef. What I would now refer to as a 6/7 on my back will be a 4/5 compared to the pain of the headache. Unbelievable. I'm coping.
I'm extremely lucky. I have an incredible support system, insurance, tens unit, heat pads, pt therapist, pain management guru and a new neuron who seems great (we moved, otherwise I would be with old ortho,Moho was great).
I'm coping emotionally these days with the concept of chronic pain. Going to start seeing s therapist to make sure I keep it together because with such a team, they deserve the best patient I can be. I'm hopeful that I'm making the best decisions with the gifts I have and that I can learn to better take care of what I am realizing is a disabled body. I can barely walk most days. And that has been the hardest to deal with. I have always considered myself the liver of life..I never took an experience for granted. So I'm turning now to this forum to be a positive light to others, and at the same time glean knowledge from others who have traveled this terrain better than I and can help me find pleasure and happiness in my new normal.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    I include this link as things may have been updated since you were last on site!
    Also, it is a good and helpful information to look back on even for those of us who have been here awhile. :)
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History