Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fusion surgery

birdie mariebbirdie marie Posts: 1
edited 08/27/2015 - 11:19 PM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I'm scheduled for surgery in October. L3,L4,L5,S1 will be fused. I'm 40 and have a 6 year old. I'm really just looking for advice/suggestions. What kept you sane? What are some of the items you used or wish you'd had?

Please click on links for helpful information
Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz -spine-health moderator

Birdie Marie

• TacticalTTactical Posts: 5
    edited 08/28/2015 - 11:38 AM
    I had my L/2/L3 fused in July 2013. It helped with the pain in that area but not my lower back. I've still got all kinds of issues. I'm 41 and suffer awful 24/7. I'm getting my 5th spinal injection on September 4th. Luckily my pain management doctor puts you to sleep for the injections. I still have multiple bulging discs, multiple bone spurs, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease and in my doctors words. My L5/S1 is in bad shape. Good luck!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
  • I may know you, could you check your inbox. I left you a message.
    Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.
  • Shower chair
    Long-handle sponge
    Sock donner
    Reading material
    Nearby chargers
    Pillow for between legs
    Obviously someone helping you with food and house stuff
  • Raised toilet seat with handles
    Long shoehorn with a hook on the other end - useful for pulling the back strap of sandles on.
    A range of sedentary activities so you don't get bored - I leaned to crochet while I was recovering.
  • Access to Uber if available, driving is out of the question for awhile and if you don't have someone with you often the ride helps.

Good luck!