Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i think i have scoliosis

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Alternative Treatments
hi i have been experiencing pain in my sciatic nerve this week and i think it might have been just because i slept wrong. this prompted me to find some help because i believe i have scoliosis .

i don't have the s curvature in the spine my spine is straight mostly. i walk with a hunch and i think one of my vertebrae is getting bigger than the others. its the one where my head bends and is right around shoulder height. i did this walk in test and they said 10 lbs more weight i put on one foot.

i have tried to talk to doctors and they all tell me stand up straight. well i don't want to sound weak but i have 10 million other things on my mind at all times. and when i stand up straight i sometimes over extend and it hurts my neck.

when i throw my head back fast or slow i can feel my spine stabbing my nerve or whatever and i think "ok i didn't die this time" it is as hocking pain and feels electrical kinda. i was able to put my head back much further when i was younger.

im so sick of having this hunch issue. im young and i want to be more active. i'm scared if i fall off something and land on my back my spine will stab my nerve and leave me paralyzed. i was told i have 2 locked disks i think on either side of this vertebrae.

if i poke at the area i can hear it click and i can kinda move it back and forth a little. a lot of times i stretch my head back with my shoulders and hear small/loud cracking in the area 2 or 3 times.

do you guys have any suggestions for fixing this? i cant stand living with this (literally) and i seriously look like a moron standing up straight, it hurts too much, i lack the focus, and results seem to never come just pain.

thnaks a lot
michael k

• Has your doctor done any tests to determine if you really do have scoliosis or other back problems? You seem to be doing a lot of worrying over problems that are yet undiagnosed. If your doctor is not listening to you then perhaps you need to be more clear with him about your worries, or find another doctor that will take you seriously. Just my opinion. I hope your problems turn out to be smaller than you think. Take care.