Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Abnormal back muscle movements after screw surgery

AlshabiAAlshabi Posts: 2
edited 08/29/2015 - 8:31 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi guys...
I am lost here! I have had car accident end of March and doctor installed pedicle screw to fix the damage in my T8
Anyways, since then i started getting abnormal muscle movements or twitches in my upper right back when i contract or use my right hand. These movements are visible as the skin pulls up...i got different theories from PTs and doctors and i need your help guys...i need feedback from those who have been through this. The thoeries i got were the following:
- PT said it could be fascia adhesion but they said that they havent seen movements like that before. I have been more than 10 manual therapy sessions but its still there.
- One doctor said that its because the cut of the surgery was little bit to the left of the spine, the muscle cut effected the balance of the right side traps muscles
- last one from Korean doctor who seemed to know the moment he saw the twitch said that the surgeon after working on the Internal Degloving which was in my back he didnt put the back muscles in thier right places and now one muscle is pulling the other and causing this uplefting of traps muscle and skin with it. I feel more convinced with this doctor and he advised me to fix it when i preform the second surgery to remove the screws.
Just today i was emailing doctors in India and sent them video of my back and they replied with totally different approach which confused me more! They said they will inject Botox in my back...dont know what they mean here, but what do you think guys?!! Has anyone been in the same situation? Any feedback or comment will be appreciated and i am willing to travel any where to fix this.

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage
42 male From Dubai City