Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nephrocalcinosis on CT report

I was not certain were to post this question, but as this finding came about because of my CT report for my lower back I thought perhaps here.

Nephrocalcitosis was listed as a finding on the report. I'm reviewing the report with my neurologist next week when we meet to discuss my upcoming spinal fusion.

I'm writing to ask if anyone else had this pop up u expectantly on their report? If so did you contact a separate doctor or make an appointment with your general to follow up on? Google research says that it is typical that this condition is result of other than lower back issues and that it is commonly diagnosed because of imaging..the radiologist finds it first. As I said, I will discuss with neurologist next week, but thought to reach out to you all to ask if anyone has already traveled this road? What was your experience? Thanks for any information you can share.

And yes, I'm just a tad bummed that I have calcium on my kidneys to boot, yeeeeesh! Grrrrrr.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    Using Wikipedia, which I always find reliable, they talked about Nephrocalcitosis
    wikipedia said:

Describes diffuse, fine, renal parenchymal calcification on radiology
    The medical ICD code identify as being under the urology specialty. In simple terms, it seems to be a deposit of calcium in the kidney.

Couldn't find anything about that being a specific spinal condition.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That same info and figure I need to go to general doctor for it. I just wondered if the masses that visit these forums have had a pop like that on their scans (MRI or CT) because apparently when it is found in people, typically it is a by-product of our type of scans, ie..nothing to do with our backs, but more like a lucky catch of another problem. I'm just trying to figure who is my best first call and figured I can't be the first one who had this happen. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate you taking the time.