Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Results

wgreenlee12wwgreenlee12 Posts: 8
edited 09/02/2015 - 7:14 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone I have received a MRI and need some assistance with the findings. I will limit the 2 area's of concern which are the C5-6 and C6-7. The report states C5-6 Prior cervical fusion. There is residual right paracentral disc osteophyte with mass effect on the ventral right C6 nerve root.
The C6-7 Cervical fusion. Residual broad-based posterior disc osteophyte asymmeteric to the left. There is residual left greater than right neural foraminal stenosis.
The MRI was conducted on the 17th of July 2015 and was a month after my ACDF Surgery. Any help with relaying this into common human terms would be greatly appreciated. One last thing is that after seeing other doctors Primary Care, Pain Management, Orthopedic Surgeon they all either say I'm sorry about your surgery and then say you need to get back to your surgeon, who released from his care and said to try the injection, which did not help. Seems to be that they are not telling me everything.

Thanks,

Bill

No one on the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or
or recommendations on any diagnostic test. However, the following key words can always be applied.

• MILD Treated with conservative measures such as Physical Therapy and mild medications. Many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved.
    MODERATE Some more treatments may be needed, ie Spinal Injections, Ultra sound and stronger medications. Always a possibility of more aggressive treatment if the conservative measures don't help
    SEVERE Need for stronger medications. The requirement for surgery may be necessary

Liz -Spine-health Moderator
Bill Greenlee
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for the input. I had a CT-SCAN and was wondering if anyone has had something similar.  Dislocated spinal cord and deforming it by a osteophyte after ACDF Surgery
    Bill Greenlee
  • I had ACDF at C6-C7 and my 4-month post-op MRI shows that I have a broad-based osteophyte "mildly effacing" the cord. There are a lot of people out there who still have osteophytes at the operative level. I asked my surgeon about it and he said he wasn't too concerned and that we will address it in a posterior foraminotomy that he had planned for me from the get-go. My impression is that people who have cervical spine problems tend to grow osteophytes very quickly.

If you are still in pain, I would go get an opinion from another spine surgeon -- not your original doctor -- who seems rather dismissive and see if you are a candidate for a posterior foraminotomy.
    C6-C7 fusion -January 20, 2016