Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not sure what the problem is

bear85bbear85 Posts: 2
edited 09/03/2015 - 1:49 PM in Lower Back Pain
Monday previous to this (10 days ago), I was doing some rows with 30kg weights - I'm guessing my form wasn't great and felt two strange pains in what I think was my mid/up back. The next day I had little feeling from my bellybutton downwards, I left it a few days assuming it was a trapped nerve [i guess it still could be] but I was able to go to the loo, just not feeling a whole lot but I am in control. On the Friday just gone (4 days) I went to a walk in center because my finger tips were numb, this was on top of numb/pins and needles feet and ice cold legs, groin and rear.

I've been given some naproxen and co-codamol and this is masking it a bit, but my legs are icy cold, my feet cold and a bit numb and still not full sensation lower half of body. The doctor has said it's unlikely to be disc, but has offered no other suggestions.

I still have numb/tingly fingertips, bottom half still loss of sensation with numbness and a cold, almost like a wet feeling in legs when wearing clothes - not very pleasant.

Does anyone have any similar experience to this to give me an idea what I could be facing, the UK health service takes time and I want to try cope in the meantime.

The only real way to verify if you have any disc problem is from formal diagnostic tests (iie MRI, CTScans, X-Rays, EMG, etc). From what you are describing and how it came up, it would seem to be more muscular related Ice and Heat at this point will be your base friend. When there is a muscle related problem, it can take several weeks to heal. If at anytime, it starts to get worse or your numbness increases, I would suggest contacting your doctor again.

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 09/03/15 07:54est

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage
advertisement

Comments

• caroline2caroline2 Posts: 92
    edited 09/03/2015 - 9:43 AM
    bodies in as best condition as "think" we should....I've done enough damage to shoulders from gym equipment....this is all hindsight....I'm 77 now and worked out at gyms for probably 30 yrs and kept moving a lot.

Sometimes I think we PUSH ourselves too much in these times. My folks aged to 90's and did normal stuff and got thru their lives.....thinking of them and me and how I did my life.....treat your body with more care.

The key here is Moderation When people, regardless of their age exercise and keep active in a sensible way, then it should all be good. But its when you ignore reality, try to do too much is when trouble can occur. When gym equipment is properly used and supervised, along with the knowledge of any spinal condition, there should never be a problem then, now or in the future.

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 09/03/15
    Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.
  • To be honest, it was actually alot less weight but I guess it just takes one or two bad reps. Thanks for the feedback, i feel an odd sensation when arching now but the cold/numb feeling is subsiding with the naproxen and cocodamol, I think I'll follow the advice of moderation and maybe ease very slowly back into it!