Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Allergy to titanium

Just curious, has anyone experienced any issues with the titanium hardware? I'm reading on other sites that some people can be allergic or sensitive to the titanium especially since it's not 100%? I already have multiple sensitivities so I don't want to add. As it is I haven't worn my wedding ring, other than on the most special occasions, for 24 years.
Thanks all.

• I'm no expert in this area, but I also have multiple metal sensitivities. I do have multiple piercings and stainless steel is fine, but anything else gives me a rash (zippers, buttons, belts, Eric). For some reason, despite doing a significant amount of research before my cervical disc replacement, I never considered this. I assumed the metal in the implants were stainless steel, and the doctor didn't ask about sensitivities. After my ADR, I started to get worried that I might be allergic to the metal due to some complications I had (which turned out to be medication-related). 6+ months later, I am absolutely fine, and somehow not allergic to my Mobi-Cs despite having reactions to every other metal out there. So if I were you, I wouldn't automatically rule anything out before researching, asking doctors, possibly getting tested, etc.
    L4/5/S1 scar tissue removal surgery, plus unexpected L4/5 microdiscectomy #2 October 2015
    L4/5 microdiscectomy May 2015
    2-level ADR C4-6 (Mobi-C) February 2015