Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Carpel Tunnel Help

Anyone have any carpel tunnel stories and relief. I'm trying to help a friend who is dealing with horrible dead hand and feels it's probably all from neck issues. Discetomy (sp)
Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 496
    Carpel tunnel pain is excruciating also. I had suffered with it back in 1999, but don't recall how long I dealt with it before that....had the surgery in 99, both hands, two weeks apart. I do remember too many times waking up in the middle of the night (before surgery), wanting to cut my arm(s) off...seriously eyeing the knife drawer, and crying to find some way to make it stop....of course I didn't resort to cutting them off. I think I just popped Motrin or something, but it took at least an hour before I could sleep again. I tried those wrist braces, but just intensified the pain up to my elbow.... but i know the braces help some people. I had to have the surgeries before I developed irreversible nerve damage.

The surgeries took care of the problem, thanks to a great surgeon I'm sure. And...I behaved myself following post op orders. I was off work 8 weeks. Wrists were still tender, but I bought those padded bicycle gloves, with the half finger coverage. They helped reduce a lot of impact, providing a little protection.

I hope your friend finds relief soon.