Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hand/arm sensitivity/body spasms

It's been 15mos since my cervical fusion after being diagnosed w cervical myelopothy. My index fingers as well as the tops of both hands and arms has become increasingly more sensitive to touch of any kind. And for the past 3-5mos. I have been having body spasms that stiffen my entire body and locking my jaw. My worst night so far consisted of 7 spasms in a row w about 3-10 secs between ea one. This also causes me to lose urine uncontrollably each spasm. This happens any where from 1-3 times per week. They make my entire body so sore I am unable to get up or stand for about 10 mins. As it is my knees and legs hurt so badly while getting up too. But hurt the worst at night while laying down. I am currently on Norco 10/325. Gabapentin 300. Both taken 3 times a day and Tizanadine 4mg twice daily. None of these work except the Tizanadine. And it just makes me fall asleep for about four hrs. The Norco allows me to do this typing for about an hour and thats all. I have asked my drs repeatedly to be tested ect and med increase to no avail. Please if anyone has experienced this too n can explain what's happening to me. I also want to include I am unable to dress w/o help and legs are very weak. I can only walk in a store for about 15 mins. Thank you.

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,817
    You need to consiult a neurologist to determine if this is from spinal cord
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.