Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Issue When Working Out

Hello everyone. I've posted on here before about the chronic stiffness in my neck. I've had xrays, MRI's, EMG... all perfectly normal. I've been seeing a chiropractor and it seems to have elevated some of the stiffness.. but it's not where we need to be. He's starting to suspect food allergies and sent off blood to have it tested. Lately I've been going back to the gym and lifting weights again.. nothing too crazy. When I do.. I get this weird tightening, burning sensation in my lower cervical/top thoracic spine. Yesterday I actually went pretty heavy. I could feel the tightness when I got home and just put a heating pad on it. I woke up this morning and it felt like it was on fire. As the day went on it started going away. I also noticed my pinky and index finger are tingling and weak on both hands. I know the ulnar nerve controls those. I do have sore tendons between my biceps and forearm. Does it sound like I simply irritated the nerves? Also.. the top of my T spine does frequently tighten up/burn when working out and I tend to get dizzy. The chiro told me it's just trigger points. Once my traps begin loosening I won't have the problem. Or does this sound like a facet joint problem?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    No one on the forum side of this site is medically qualified to provide any type of medical diagnosis or advice.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I couldn't tell you if you've "irritated" nerves, but PLEASE don't give yourself reason to believe you may be causing further damage by "heavy" working out. The fact that you know what "heavy" is and that you know it could cause you potential problems is a red flag.

This is why physical therapy (or a good personal trainer) is important. Work with them to create a game plan for staying conditioned. The cost will be worth it if you follow their advice. The Internet is filled (to bursting) with terrible advice for "staying in shape." There is too much survivorship bias and not enough focus on safety and long-term outcomes.

Don't play Russian roulette. Get the information you need from an experienced person. Don't "distrust" medical professionals. Ask them. Start with your GP.